• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Recommended Chaser Equipment List

If you decide to carry one of these, please invest in some good straps or brackets to hold it down securely.

Yes I have mine in the bed of my truck with straps in the hooks of the bed.

Note another thing that can be done that helps with tire changing is having the tire also in your bed tired down. You save a TON of time not having to do the whole license plate thing.

My car has the donut spare under the rear, but I also carry a full size spare in the cargo area, tied down of course.

Before the season gets going I need to pull that factory spare down to be sure the lowering mechanism still works and check the condition of the tire.

I have to agree on having some sort of safety glasses on board as well. You never know when you might need them. In a repair shop, according to OSHA your supposed to wear them even when changing a tire.

+1 on the reflective vest. I started carrying (and using) one this year.
If you're traveling on state or federal roads, you are now required to have a vest on when outside the vehicle which includes standing out watching a storm.

I have heard of a fill that can be put in regular tires that make them “run flat” tires. I know run flat tires have a thicker side wall that lets you travel on it until you can get it fixed. What I’m interested in is a fill (think fix a flat on steroids) that a dealership installs. Does anybody have any knowledge of this?

Back