RadarScope has SuperRes products - Why can't GR3? Allisonhouse/WDT

Is there any talk/consideration of offering a PC version of RadarScope? Steve, you chase so you know what I'm looking for. I'm also a huge fan of RadarScope, and use it a lot more often than GR3 (it gets daily use in addition to use while chasing). But, when in serious chase mode, I need the extra features/flexibility of GR3. I know its a small market, but is there any interest in growing RS into a PC program that offers what GR3 does???

Is there any talk/consideration of offering a PC version of RadarScope? Steve, you chase so you know what I'm looking for. I'm also a huge fan of RadarScope, and use it a lot more often than GR3 (it gets daily use in addition to use while chasing). But, when in serious chase mode, I need the extra features/flexibility of GR3. I know its a small market, but is there any interest in growing RS into a PC program that offers what GR3 does???

In the past couple of months there has been some discussion regarding a Windows app version of RS. The market will support it and our infrastructure is already capable of scaling to handle it. Don't hold your breath but do look for more chatter about this as GR products grow older and a lack of competitors on the Windows platform sweetens the potential for us.
Glad you enjoy RadarScope! The guys down the hall are brilliant and are working on some cool new stuff for next spring. I think you'll be very happy!

Wow! That is exciting news, Steve. A Windows App version (especially with so many people beginning to make the migration to Windows 10) would become a "must have" app for the general population, not just chasers. Thanks for sharing, and I'll keep my eyes open!

Keep coming back across this thread, and been wondering if there has been any change on the situation with Super Res public availability over the past 19 months? Any changes to the contract or timeline?

Keep coming back across this thread, and been wondering if there has been any change on the situation with Super Res public availability over the past 19 months? Any changes to the contract or timeline?

Negative. WDSS-II is still as expensive as it was and prohibitive for us (AllisonHouse) and RadarScope/WDT still doesn't have a Windows offering.

My next step is to tackle the conversion of Level 2 to separate elevations / products myself. An understanding of the data combined with the time and desire to bring this product to our customers makes this an easy choice for us.

So was there an additional extension of the contract, or just a continuing decision by NOAA not to open it up? Pity so little information is available easily, and very appreciative of you filling us in :)

I've solved this using the ROC's RPG. We're working with application developers to bring this to market for AllisonHouse customers.

Thank you Ryan, Tyler, and AllisonHouse for pushing forward to solving it for AH and any pushing to NOAA to get the feed finally into the public domain. About the most vital data there is, and you got it done.

Back