pykl3 support?

Tom Mull

EF0
I know that the developer is no longer supporting pykl3, however it is still available from a non- Google source.

Is anyone aware of a pykl3 support group or users group?

When I run pykl3, it says it is loading wsr-88d but it never seems to fully load it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem? Thanks.

Back when I'd first heard of pykl3 & didn't know what it was, I did some google'ing to try and find out just what it was/did. I do remember one of the sites said there was a change to some servers that would cause it to fail loading...there was something you had to do as a workaround but I don't remember what it was, or even where I saw it (since afterall my intent was simply to learn what the app did)

Anyway, you might also want to take a look at this thread: Great pykl3 replacement for an alternative made by one of the guys here.

I know that the developer is no longer supporting pykl3, however it is still available from a non- Google source.

Is anyone aware of a pykl3 support group or users group?

When I run pykl3, it says it is loading wsr-88d but it never seems to fully load it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the problem? Thanks.
There is a configuration item in the menu system for pykl3.

Settings -> Data Providers -> National Weather Service and then check "Use HTTPS for NWS Radar"

Note that when you used to start the app and press the animate button on the bottom of the screen, it would start a loop and fill it in with how ever many frames you have configured for animation. It no longer goes back and fills in the loop with older data. However, if you let it run, the new data will eventually fill in the loop. Not ideal.

There is a configuration item in the menu system for pykl3.

Settings -> Data Providers -> National Weather Service and then check "Use HTTPS for NWS Radar"

Note that when you used to start the app and press the animate button on the bottom of the screen, it would start a loop and fill it in with how ever many frames you have configured for animation. It no longer goes back and fills in the loop with older data. However, if you let it run, the new data will eventually fill in the loop. Not ideal.
Okay, that worked. Thanks.

Back