President en-route to NOLA...is that really a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN is reporting that a secret service convoy is on the way to NOLA with the POTUS. While I understand the political need for this to occur, is anyone else here wondering if that's not a such a good idea? NOLA isn't exactly a secure place right now, and if there is one person in the world who the citizens are, uh, well, pretty damned mad at, it's the POTUS. The secret service is incredible at providing security, but this seems like a bit more than even they can chew. Who knows -- maybe they'll just send him to the secured NOLA airport or something.

Call me stupid, but what does POTUS mean? :oops:

Its an acronym for President Of The United States.

Right now he's still in Biloxi, talking with people.

I think he needed to go even if he can't do any more in person than he could have done from DC. When a good portion of the country he's leading are in the middle of a disaster and he's sitting in the White House, it appears as though he's indifferent.

I never expected anything less from him, and never doubted he would.

But I can't say I blame him for waiting until the cavalry hit town!

From what was said in tv the President doesnt plan on getting out of Marine1 in NO but just fly over it. Marine1 is bulletproof. He wanted to get out but the security folks said no. He may get out at the airport where people who have been rescued are being sent. it is a secure spot.

We average an assassination every how many years? I don't know if this is a smart idea.
Every president since William Henry Harrison (1840) elected in a year ending in 0 has died in office, with the exception of Reagan (who was shot) and G.W. Bush. Some have been assassinated (Lincoln 1860, Garfield 1880, McKinley 1900, and Kennedy 1960), others have died of illness (Harrison 1840, Harding 1920, and Roosevelt 1940).

BC

I think he needed to go even if he can't do any more in person than he could have done from DC. When a good portion of the country he's leading are in the middle of a disaster and he's sitting in the White House, it appears as though he's indifferent.

Yes...it's a leadership function. The President has to be seen out directing the troops. Just seeing this can bring hope back to people who have lost it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back