Prayers needed...and ANSWERED!

My prayers are with Matt for a speedy and complete recovery.

While he "may" suffer permanent personality changes as a result of his injury, it may help you to read about a person this has happened to before. The person discussed in the link did change; but his health remained.

Here is the link:
http://www.deakin.edu.au/hbs/psychology/gagepage/Pgstory.php

I hope this doesn't cause any upset! I just feel that it sometimes helps to read about others in a situation like this.

Please keep in mind that my prayers are for Matt to be exactly the same as he was before the accident.

Pat

Sorry to hear, I will pray for matt and pray for his family they must be going through a hard time :(

Praying for Matt. I used to work with brain injury survivors. It is a very tragic situation. I pray that a miracle occurs and that Matt is fully restored to them in the way the family knows and loves.

There is a glimmer of renewed optimism tonight.

When Floss and I talked late this afternoon, she mentioned that Matt hadn't had any tests done this morning. So, the question is: Why did the medical staff decide to tell the family this morning that Matt's condition is more serious than what they said yesterday? Based upon what evidence?

I just talked to her.

The results of today's MRI won't be available until tomorrow, but Floss tells me this:

The medical staff had initially said that 72 hours must pass before a prognosis would be meaningful. It hasn't been 72 hours yet.

Twice, Floss has held Matt's hand and whispered into his ear that she loves him. Matt raised his head.

The pressure in his brain reached (some value of) 20, and that if it went higher, that would be very bad. It has since abated.

Some other types of stimulation have been given, and there WAS response, but the results are said to be generally inconclusive.

Can't raise hopes much on that, but it's better news than it was.

Keep those prayers flowing, please! You can never imagine how much it means to us.

With apologies to Al Michaels,

Do you believe in miracles?

Bob

<_< I WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS. KEEP THEM COMING, IT IS DEEPLY APPRECIATED. THEY ARE GOING TO START WEANING MATT OFF OF THE MEDS AND SOMETIME THE VENTILATOR. UNSURE WHEN THEY WILL TRY THE VENTILAOR, TO SEE HOW MATT DOES WITHOUT THESE. THEY HAVE INSERTED A TUBE INTO HIS BROCHIAL PASSAGE TO DRAIN FLUID THAT WAS IN THERE N THEY ARE NOW FEEDING HIM THROUGH THAT TUBE, SINCE HIS BOWELS ARE MOVING. WE ARE UNSURE AS TO WHEN THEY ARE GONNA TELL US THE RESULTS OF THE MRI. MY PERSONAL OPINION AS TO WHAT THEY TOLD US FRIDAY, IS THEY SHOULD not HAVE TOLD US WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION BECAUSE THEY ARE SAYING THE FRONT OF HIS BRAIN IS NOT WORKING. IT WAS WAY TO SOON FOR THEM TO MAKE THAT DECISION WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN 48 HOURS YET SINCE THE ACCIDENT, BEING THERE IS STILL SWELLING ON THE BRAIN N SOME DRAINAGE. I ALSO FEEL THEY COULD HAVE TOLD US THAT WE MAY HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION IN A WEEK IF HE DOES NOT RESPOND N THEN EXPLAIN TO US ABOUT THE FRONT OF HIS BRAIN. LIKE BOB SAID TWICE ON FRIDAY WHEN I WHISPERED IN MATT'S EAR N TOLD HIM I LOVE HIM HE SLIGHTLY MOVED HIS HEAD TOWARD ME. TO ME THAT IS HIS BRAIN FUNCTIONING N HE HEARD WHAT I SAID TO HIM. I AM NOT GIVING UP N I HAVE FAITH AND MATT IS A STRONG GUY N A FIGHTER, SO I DEEPLY FEEL HE IS TRYING TO PULL THROUGH THIS. I HAD A SISTER IN LAW WHO WAS ALSO HURT IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT N SHE WAS THROWN FROM THE BIKE, SHE WAS WEARING A HALF HELMET N HER HEAD BANGED AGAINST A CEMENT POST N SHE WAS IN A COMA FOR I THINK 2 MONTHS AND SHE IS NOW, WALKING WITH THE USE OF A CANE OR WALKER, SHE ALSO HAS SOME SPEECH IMPAIRMENT N SEEMS SLOW, BUT SHE IS LIVING N ABLE TO DO THINGS AND I STRONGLY FEEL THE SAME CAN HAPPEN WITH MATT.AGAIN, WE WERE TOLD THE NIGHT BEFORE THAT NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED SINCE MATT'S FIRST CATSCAN EXCEPT THAT THERE WAS LITTLE BLEEDING BUT THERE WAS STILL SOME SWELLING, THEN THE NEXT MORNING WE ARE TOLD WE NEED TO MAKE A DECISION AND ONE MEMBER OF THE FAMILY ASKED HAT TEST OR WHAT HAVE MAY HAVE BEEN DONE FOR THE BIG CHANGE OVERNIGHT FROM WHAT WE WERE TOLD EARLY EVENING THE NIGHT BEFORE N NOW THIS MORNING TOLD SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND IF I RECALL THEY DIDN'T SAY. ALL THEY WERE TELLING US IS BECAUSE MATT IS NOT RESPONDING WHEN THEY DO THE STIMULATION TEST ON HIM, WHICH I MAY ADD THEY'VE BEEN DOING SINCE DAY 1 N HE HAD VERY LITTLE RESPONSE N WE WERE TOLD THIS IS NORMAL IN A HEAD INJURING VICTIM IN A COMA THAT HAS SWEELING, ETC. AND THAT THE FIRST 72 HOURS ARE VERY CRUCIAL AND HE IS GONNA MAKE IT PAST THE 72 HOURS. HE DOES HAVE PRESSURE IN THE BRAIN N IT CANNOT GO HIGHER THAN 20 AND THE ONLY TIME IT RAISES HIGH IS WHEN THEY ARE DOING THEIR STIMULATION TESTS, THEN IT DOES GO BACK DOWN AFTER A FEW MINUTES, WHEN THEY LEAVE HIM ALONE N PUT HIM BACK ON THE MEDS. TO ME THIS IS A TYPICAL THING TO A HEAD TRAUMA PATIENT AND ONLY TIME WILL TELL WHERE HE MAY END UP OR HOW HE MAY END UO. IT'S ALL IN GOD'S HANDS RIGHT NOW. I CAME HOME SO I COULD GET A SHOWER N CHANGE OF CLOTHES, BEING I'VE BEEN AT THE HOSPITAL SINCE WEDNESDAY N MAT WAS DOING GOOD WHEN I LEFT AND I TOLD HIM I WOULD BE GOING HOME TONIGHT, BUT I WILL BE BACK UP IN THE MORNING. HE DID NOT RESPOND TO ME, BUT I AM SURE IT WAS BECAUSE THEY HAD DOUBLED HIS MEDICINE SO HE WOULD STAY STABLE N WOULDN'T STIMULATE WHILE THEY MOVED HIM FROM HIS BED TO THE MRI BED AND HE DID VERY WELL WHILE THEY DID THE MRI. THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG HAUL, BUT IF MATT CAN PULL THROUGH THIS IT IS GONNA BE WELL WORTH IT. AGAIN I WANT OT THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS N KEEP ON PRAYING. I ALSO WANT TO THANK BOB FOR PUTTING THIS ON THE FORUM N STARTING THIS PRAYER LIST. HIM OR I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AS MUCH AS WE CAN AS WE HEAR MORE NEWS. I WILL BE AT THE HOSPITAL MOST OF THE TIME, SO IT WILL NO DOUBT BE BOB KEEPING YOU ALL INFORMED.

Matt's gonna make it through this Mom I just know it... Dad has been doing a great job of calling me with all the details. Please give me a call if you get a minute... I want to call but don't wanna take you away from where you need to be. Give Holly, Bret, Sonia and all the kids hugs from me. I wish I could be there. I know there will be more good news soon. I love you all.

I am a little disappointed that I failed to discover this thread until today (otherwise, I would have offered up prayers on Matt's behalf sooner). Even so, I believe that God is not limited by time; nothing is too difficult for Him. Furthermore, I know that God answers prayer, because I've personally experienced several answers to prayer (for healing) that could not be dismissed as happenstance.

I have started praying for Matt and will continue to do so until he is healed. I will also mention this to those within my church so they can begin to pray as well.

Floss & Bob, may God comfort you and your family.

Gabe

Sorry I'm late replying, but this absolutely broke my heart reading this. Just last year, one of our coworkers was killed when his motorcycle was thrown off an on ramp from a gust of wind. I will absolutely pray that you don't have to go through that and that Matt makes a speedy & complete recovery.

Back