Outflow Boundary - St Louis Radar - images

440 pm on Wednesday - check out that outflow moving southward.

Outflow image grab from GRLevel2
outflowboundaryjune82005y.jpg

yep came thru central iowa this morning @6:30am. better nail down your lawn chair's as winds were clocked between 45-70mph

Outflow boundry / Front

Caught this on radar about 11:50 last night in Nebraska. One of the longest outflow boundries/ fronts I've seen on radar..

7June05-outflow.gif

(Of course I forgot to save the velocity scan of it) :?

yeah that storm rolled through here this afternoon. had to grab the garbage cans, as they started flying away. stood outside looking for funnels, but saw none. my husband saw one on his way home, but it didn't touch down, and looked pretty unorganized. it was called in though, so there were tornado warnings based on it.

had numerous tornado warnings and very strong wind. had quite a bit of rain as well, which was greatly needed.

the storms also prompted several of those high wind warnings on the back side of the storms while still in iowa. pretty interesting day came out of it, and i wasn't really looking for anything here.

I have satellite up and running and I believe you can actually take this as far back as Mont and Wyoming?

Either way - very long track!

That is right, these storms came off of the initial storms in WY/MT, rolled across as individual supercells in western SD and then started linear in central SD. I could see the tops of these Tuedsay night when they were nearly 250 miles away! They rolled through me, I was just on the north side of it around 3 am. The storms actually gave way and this line moved southeastward, this occured nearly right over me. North storms had nice outflow that just fed this south line tremendously. I was only able to get 45-50 mph winds from this outflow but I'm sure it just strengthed the south end.

(on a side note I had to drive through this system again on my way to Ames... :D Nothing like getting the same storm twice)

Back