OK, KS, SW MO, NW AR - NWS and EOC Repeaters, making a list

Mike Gauldin

For all of you HAMs out there, I'm getting ready to compile a list of updated/active repeaters used for severe weather spotting/chasing. I know there's numerous lists out there, but I've found a lot of them to be out-of-date, so I wanted to make a recent list to put on my On-the-Road Wx Data page for a single place to reference them. I figure that since all of you are chasers/spotters/EMs, you'd know which repeaters are used in your chase area.

I'm looking for a list to only cover the areas I have on my OTR Wx page, which include the following:
  • All of Oklahoma
    All of Kansas
    Western Missouri (SGF, EAX) coverage area
    Western Arkansas (LZK, SHV) coverage area
    North TX (AMA, LUB, FWD) coverage area
I already have the E OK TARC Super-link System and the repeaters in Tulsa (mainly just the EOC 146.94).

So if anyone can help add to this list, please post the local/area repeaters used during severe weather events. The information I'd like to know for each repeater (if available) is:

State
County
Frequency
PL Tone
Who it links to (NWS (which WFO), EOC (which city), other Skywarn group, etc...)
OPTIONAL: Power output and/or range of repeater(s)

I've found most of the links around the internet, so please don't post a link to a site, just post the repeater information.

Thank you.

I have a community-compiled placefile that I started and others contributed to for use in GRLevel3. If anyway wants to download it and use it in GR3, feel free. You may be able to read it into a spreadsheet and reformat it to fit your project.

Here's the link --> http://grlevel3.tornadocentral.com/repeaters.txt

At this time, it includes OK, TX, KS, NE, IA, MO, CO, AR, and IL, though not all are complete. Lat, Lon, city location, freq., repeater shift, and PL tone (if necessary) are included, and some sites have a brief comment. I think there are something like 670 repeaters in that list, although not all are WX/chasing/skywarn related (though that was a request when folks contributed to that list).

I have a community-compiled placefile that I started and others contributed to for use in GRLevel3. If anyway wants to download it and use it in GR3, feel free. You may be able to read it into a spreadsheet and reformat it to fit your project.

Here's the link --> http://grlevel3.tornadocentral.com/repeaters.txt

At this time, it includes OK, TX, KS, NE, IA, MO, CO, AR, and IL, though not all are complete. Lat, Lon, city location, freq., repeater shift, and PL tone (if necessary) are included, and some sites have a brief comment. I think there are something like 670 repeaters in that list, although not all are WX/chasing/skywarn related (though that was a request when folks contributed to that list).
[/b]

Wow, that might be what I needed right there. Thanks! When was that list made?

If you own GR3 or GR2, you can view the thread in the owners forum at Skywarn / Weather Repeater Community Project

I started it back in October, and I think the latest addition was 10-23-05. I haven't added the NWR/AHWR stations yet, since, honestly, I forgot about it until now.
[/b]

Hello,

I can tell you for sure that the 146.94 in Fort Worth, and 146.88 in Dallas is correct without a doubt.

Back