NWS office calls chaser tornado reports false, social media feud ensues

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why when I chase I dont bother with reports. too much drama, I leave it to someone else to deal with. (I'm sure you'll armchair QB me too for that though).

This is exactly why I don't call in reports.......too time consuming, the receiver wants to know EVERYTHING POSSIBLE about what you are seeing; plus with umpteen chasers out there, there is guaranteed to be multiple call-ins. I go to see and document the event for whatever enjoyment is left of this hobby. I am sure someone will respond to this just to keep the argument going, but I won't play.

plus with umpteen chasers out there, there is guaranteed to be multiple call-ins. I go to see and document the event for whatever enjoyment is left of this hobby. I am sure someone will respond to this just to keep the argument going, but I won't play.

Had two chasers called in this tornado (of the "umpteen" out there :) ) this thread wouldn't have even existed.

He was trying to save lives by making a report

Can we please drop the saving lives stuff? If the true purpose was to save lives, then he could have had his SN info saved on his phone, called it in, or followed up on the questions that were asked by the NWS office. Several simple steps could have been taken and none of them were.

This whole saving lives garbage from storm chasers is getting old. If you want to makes claims about saving lives then find a better way to go about it other than sending out a couple vague tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back