NWS HotSeat

Thank You so much Jeff that is what I wanted to know. I didnt even notice someone had already posted what they ment. I always seem to miss a few storms but I am getting alot better at it. I have played this 5 times :)

Matthew Carman.

SVRs
Issued: 23
Verified: 14
Lead Time: 6 minutes
Missed: 1

TORs
Issued: 3
Verified: 2
Lead Time: 7 minutes
Missed: 0

POD: 94%
FAR: 38%
CSI: 59%

Pretty cool. :)

Tornado:

Issued: 8
Verified: 4
Av. Lead Time: 6 mins
Missed = 0

Severe:

Issued = 20
Verified = 14
Av. Lead time: 6 mins
Missed = 3

POD: 85%
FAR: 35%
CSI= 58%

Not too terribly great -- a few of those SVR reports snuck up on me at the end. Would never have guessed that kinda hail from that kind of radar signature.

Wanted to let everyone know scenario2 for this neat game is coming out soon so if you havent tried it yet you should do so it is lots of fun and you get a feel for forcasting storms. I have tried this 4 times now and it is worth it so give it a try!

Very cool. Unfortunately I closed the window after the simulation without writing down my scores. But I know I issued 4 Tors and every damn one of them verified, missing none - beat that! I did much worse with the severes, however... I issued 17 and I think 10 verified, with 7 misses. I don't remember the exact lead times, but they were pretty good. A great exercise, thanks for posting.

Back