Norman OK Snow Bubble? Will Norman See Snow Monday Night

Will Noman OK see some snow, latest NWS OUN forecast

Cleveland County Forecast
TONIGHT
CLOUDY. SNOW LIKELY AND CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SNOW ACCUMULATION UP TO 2 INCHES. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH
WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.

OKlahoma County Forecast
TONIGHT...CLOUDY. SLIGHT CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE EVENING
THEN
SNOW LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES.
LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 70 PERCENT.
http://kamala.cod.edu/offs/KOUN/0601092110.fpus54.html

No Snow Advisory for Cleveland County (Norman)
Snow Advisory for Oklahoma County
http://kamala.cod.edu/offs/KOUN/0601092110.wwus44.html
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/enhanced.php

Mike

Hah. Classic I44 blocking pattern ;)... typical for winter events. I had no clue we had a shot for precip... then again I haven't checked much data lately ;P I thought your thread was a joke at first glance!

Aaron

They went from well, maybe 0.25" rain but more than likely barely 0.1" to winter weather advisory in minutes. I'll believe either form of precip when I see it.
Angie

I really do find it interesting how we can set record highs Sat and Sun, then see 2-4" snows nw of I44 Monday night / Tuesday. It's snowing in the northwestern part of the state, while several counties in eastern OK are under Severe Thunderstorm Warnings with >60dBz cores. Latest forecast from OUN puts the rain/snow line between OKC and Norman, as expected :roll:

It begins :shock: ! Light drizzle in Norman...boundary (warm front? stationary front?) shifting to the east. RUC shows the rain/snow line to our east by 6Z.
This weather is beyond freaky...how many record highs have we broken in the last week or so? Going from shorts to sweats in 24 hours really kind of hurts.
Angie

Be it ever so slight, it is snowing here in Duncan, OK. It just skirted us to the north. Wish there was more.
It looks like the drought has put a crack in the Norman Bubble and you will be getting some snow in the next couple of hours.

Originally posted by Bill Hamilton
Be it ever so slight, it is snowing here in Duncan, OK. It just skirted us to the north. Wish there was more.
It looks like the drought has put a crack in the Norman Bubble and you will be getting some snow in the next couple of hours.

Just noticed we are getting light snow in south Norman, not sure when it started but there is a light dusting on cars...better get the shovel and snowmobile ready...I can hardly contain myself! Yawn.

Rob

Confirmed!
invaderz.jpg

Originally posted by Aaron Kennedy
Confirmed!

Good thing you got a shot of that Aaron, as this will likely be one for the record books. Still snowing lightly at 4:45am, with a dusting on the cars and grassy surfaces. I can only imagine this is what the Arctic wilderness looks like. At least we got a little moisture.

Rob

Wow...no sooner did I send that message when a couple of snow totals popped in for northern Ok...8" at Braman and 6" at Lamont. I actually am impressed!

Rob

Yawn

Wow. I am wholly bowled over in my underwhelmed-ness.

Yawn.

Woke up this morning to a traditional OUN snowfall. The only place the 0.1" of white stuff is clinging is to cars, soil and roofs. Everywhere else is black. All this precip means is that I - yet again - have to place newspapers at the front and back doors to save the tiles from all the foot traffic. So - instead of being "neat" - it's actually just going to cause me more work until it all gets absorbed and dries up.

Yawn

And as if this wasn't insult enough - a look at OUN's Graphicast page with the snowfall totals for north of here confirms our ritual slap-in-the-face:

fxc_Winter_Weather_Update.jpg

:lol:

10" in Lamont? This ia bad comedy.....

I was speaking to a non-Oklahoman yesterday who I was trying to convince about the fact that it is entirely possible to have snowfall in Oklahoma City and not in OUN. He didn't believe me. I proved myself right yet again.

And I'm glad I beat Shane onto this thread for the monthly roast of OK's climate.....although he has a certain way of putting things that I tend to lack...... :wink:

KR

Yes! 11 inches in Lamont. Yes! 9 to 10 in Braman. It is 3 to 5 here in Ponca depending on where you're at. However, the sun is starting to peak out and the temps starting to rise, and it's been melting off fairly rapidly.

It was amazing this morning going into the radio station. 4 inches at my door, 2 inches at the station. The phone was ringing off the hook. Seems everyone will call the station before listening or looking at TV. We would be announcing the school closures and people would be calling in "Is there school today?"

Of course they closed Ponca Schools, but everyone else remains open. With the temps predicted to go they way they are, and after actually seeing the snowfall, I went ahead and woke my daughter to get her ready for school. Only to call back 10 minutes later and tell her to go back to bed as schools were closed. I'm sure I'll hear about this when I go home at lunch!!!! :oops:

Public Information Statement
Statement as of 3:40 PM CST on January 10, 2006

The following are snowfall reports from the Jan 9/10 2006 snowstorm
across western and northern Oklahoma.

Location amount (inches)

Lamont 11
Braman 9.5
Marshall 7.5
Crescent 6.5
Blackwell 5
Morrison 4
Geary 3.5