NEWS: 2006 College of DuPage Severe Weather Conference?

sebenste

EF1
Hey gang,

If you were at the past College of DuPage severe weather conferences,
which were in Glen Ellyn, IL...you know how awesome they were.
Speakers such as Chuck Doswell, Don Burgess, Greg Stumpf, Al Moller, and many others provided great insight to professional meteorologists, students of meteorology, and those who just consider themselves weather enthusiasts. If you haven't had calculus, don't worry...but even if you've been on the job for 30 years and have seen a ton of stuff, this conference will be well worth going to. If you are interested, please send Paul an email, not me. His address is:

[email protected]

Thanks! Read on.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:44:46 -0600 (CST)
Subject: IMPORTANT QUESTION - Please Respond

Hey all,

We are thinking of having a severe weather seminar next October 5, 6, 7 at the Lisle, IL Hyatt Hotel (just 20 miles west of downtown Chicago). Big name speakers etc just as we have had before. However, to do it the way I really want to do it, will require high expenses. I need to know if you would be able to come. Full time student rates will be 100 dollars (includes a lot of food also) and for non-full-time students, it will be 200 dollars. However, in order to pull it off, I need to get at least 40 non-students registered.

So before we sign the contract, I need to know if you will plan to
attend. If I get a really good feeling for it from you (or friends,
colleagues, etc...) we will go ahead with the plans.

Paul

* Paul L. Sirvatka | Office: (630) 942-2118 M149B
* Professor of Meteorology | COD Weather Lab: (630) 942-2590
* College of DuPage | Address: 425 Fawell Blvd. Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Sounds great -- I sent a note to Paul counting myself in. Good to see you around these parts.

Tim

Back