New Weather Movie: 13 Minutes

Slightly different version of the trailer

Looks really cool, looking forward to it, but based on one write-up I’m worried that all the action is early-on and then most of it is the human drama of the aftermath. From A Massive Tornado Hits a Small Town in '13 Minutes' Trailer. :

“In the wake of total devastation, four families must overcome their differences and find strength in themselves and each other in order to survive.”

I guess we’ll find out soon enough!

The good: As expected, the tornado effects are amazing. The massive tornado in front of the young girl is scary as hell. The clouds, supercells, tornadoes and mammatus are as they should be. Some who aren't familiar with supercells might say, "that's not real." We know better. The hail is very realistic. I'm also impressed with the damage fields. They do a good job with tornado safety. Safe and not so safe options are presented.. They also highlight the importance of getting warnings out. Non-English speakers and those with disabilities could miss the message. I'm glad they pay attention to those groups. The bad: The social back stories are a bit much. Each actually deserves its own Lifetime movie of the week, and they distract from the flow of the movie. The local television weather coverage is awful. We have better in Richmond. I would expect even the most minor market in Oklahoma to have better storm coverage. After the tornado, I would expect to see a few more bodies or terrible injuries. If they don't want to be too graphic, just show covered bodies or body bags. Tornadoes kill people. One quibble with the massive tornado. It is translating to one side and I doubt it would have hit the girl's house. I still recommend seeing the movie. BTW, the focus of this movie is on the victims of tornadoes. There are no storm chasers.

Bill, where did you see it? It didn't come to theatres here and I can't find it on pay per view.

Back