My chasemobile is almost ready

Joey Ketcham

I'm down to just a few more things left with my chasemobile. This year I have a computer setup in it with the flat panel monitor mounted up front. It has GPS, wireless nic card and a cantenna.

Here's some pics, feel free to share your pictures of your chasemobile this year..

vehicle1.jpg

vehicle3.jpg

vehicle6.jpg

You never know when you'll run into those flooded roads so you must be ready :D I don't have any pictures of it set up yet, so you'll have to settle for this...I'll update when I get things set up.

KayakWorkshop07017.jpg

3-20-2006-2.jpg

I'm waiting for it to come back out of the shop [I had to get a whole new front end and fix the right front panel] later this week. The car doesn't have the chrome 18" rims anymore neither; I have '02 17" GT stock on it now. I like to keep my "chasemobile" normal looking... :)

Here is the ride that we have already been successful in this year!

Montero.jpg

Home made laptop desk..

LaptopDesk1.jpg

You can see the V-8000 and such here....I really need some more equip.

LaptopDesk2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working on mine this week, beings it is spring break and all. Just got a new power inverter ordered, working on the laptop mount later on this week. Ham radio already installed and ready to go, GPS is all good and tested...

Only other thing on my list is getting spotter network possibly and also fixing my laptop hinge as it has now broke.

I retired the 2000 Windstar last week. I am in the process of outfitting my "new" chase vehicle. Got a very low mileage 2004 Pontiac Montana. I REALLY like this thing and it's gets fantastic gas mileage for what it is! It's an ex-rental vehicle with a strict maintenance history and drives and even still smells like a new one. Best of all I got it at flat NADA trade-in price! :)

The first two weeks of April I'll be down in sunny and warm Raleigh, NC at my grandmother's second house (where my brother also lives), at which time my annual 'Raleigh pre-season chase vehicle prep' will begin. Nice, big open yard out in a semi-rural area and warm temps means I can pull down into the yard, open up all the doors, remove everything from the car, give it a good cleaning-out, and start re-configuring everything for the upcoming season. Great times. This year I'm folding down the rear seat row - last year I planned on seating for 6, this year I'm seating 4 and using the back for more space for gear. I'm also rebuilding the power/communication/internet console rack, moving it to the rear of the vehicle with off/on switches in the front of the car.

Here is a photo log of the travels of my chase car:

http://wvlightning.com/freestyleusa.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
The past two years I've chase with only a CB with built in weather radio, and a scanner along with a radar detecter. This year I have a brand new 2007 Black single cab Ford Ranger, laptop, internet capability, GRlevel 3, GPS, and a new scanner. I should be getting a Ham radio very soon as well. I'll post pics of my vehicle later today or tomarrow.

Back