Music Video: June 4th 1999 Northern NE Night Tornadoes

Hi all,

Since I've been messing around with video from my chase back on June 4th 1999 from North Platte to Valentine Nebraska I decided to try may hand at a quick music video for fun. The file I have is streaming Windows Media Viewer format and is about 44MB I believe. The original before compression was 1.2GB so it definitely does lose some quality. In the original I go to full screen but I'd suggest you keep this windowed for best resolution playback. Some of this is done at night and in low light with my old Sony Hi-8. I don't claim this is anything great, but just thought I'd pass on a few frames of one of my chases to give you an idea of what transpired that day.

I recommend broadband connections. Alternatively you can right click and 'save file or target as' and after download could playback then.

Oh, and PS - turn up the sound! I play it on my system with 5.1 and a subwoofer - sounds great!

http://www.tornadoxtreme.com/1999_Chases/J...e_4th_1999.html

Nice video and nice music!
Only a thing: About in the half of the video you make see a really enormous and clear updraft of a supercell: when did you take that shot?

Only a thing: About in the half of the video you make see a really enormous and clear updraft of a supercell: when did you take that shot?

Hi Andrea,

Are you talking about the shot of the supercell's large flanking line with anvil overhead? If so that was shot north of Thedford on hwy 83 not far from Brownlee.

If not, maybe you can be more descriptive and I'll try and figure out what part you mean.

Cool video Bill. I believe I recognize some of that footage. Was it your footage that TLC used in one of their "Tornado" episodes, when talking about the DOW coverage of that storm? Some of the tornado shots and some of the external shots of the DOW look mighty familiar.

Cool video Bill. I believe I recognize some of that footage. Was it your footage that TLC used in one of their "Tornado" episodes, when talking about the DOW coverage of that storm? Some of the tornado shots and some of the external shots of the DOW look mighty familiar.

Thanks. It could be. I provided some to The Weather Channel back then. I forget what type of license it was but probably just temporary. Sam Barriclow was also there at the same place as me and got similar footage so it could be his as well. It may be a combination of both. I know what you mean though. I remember seeing one of these segments and wondering if it was mine specifically. From what I hear you have to stay on top of them or there is a tendency to let your video stray.

Hi Andrea,

Are you talking about the shot of the supercell's large flanking line with anvil overhead? If so that was shot north of Thedford on hwy 83 not far from Brownlee.

If not, maybe you can be more descriptive and I'll try and figure out what part you mean.

Hi Bill,
The frame of the video that I say is nearly at the end of the video(4.47 minutes):you can see a beautifull clear updraft that "explodes"! But flanking line is not clearly filmed by the camera.I like it very much beacause of its high power of rising. Seeing this tilted updraft and the blue sky sourrounding, I think this was a great dryline supercell(maybe LP) :wink:

Wow, coolio! You've got some great footage there! 8)

The rapid-fire scene cuts make my head hurt! Maybe you could whip up a 'calm' version for us old foagies! ;)

-Greg

Back