Mobile Connectivity

There is no doubt that Verizon's voice coverage is great (I am not denying that; I have them for cellular coverage). My question is can you only get data with a *data card* in the orange areas? Or, can you get data with a *data card* throughout the Verizon Network (e.g., western Kansas) -- perhaps at a slower speed.

I realize you can use a Ositech setup to get data throughout the Plains. But, as mentioned previously, the Ositech setup is a pain in the ass.

Walker

I have verizon and have a fair amount of luck connecting digitally. I will say don't put too much into the maps too. I live just north of Omaha 20 miles and it shows me in the map, yet I'm not covered here. I would get that America's choice plan if I were and would be much better off for minutes. As is I have to pay like $41 for 150 call anywhere from anywhere minutes. All because Blair isn't even in that network on that map. So I figure if Blair is this close to Omaha, shown on the map as being in it, but isnt, how many of those other areas in red actually aren't? I'd rather have a plan I know I won't be billed extra for not calling in an area I guess. But as for being in a digital area with them, most of NE and KS have been good...as well as western IA. For anyone that makes a web page just for their data links and uses COD and RAP for radar images you might have better luck getting a COD image to load(if RAP isn't finishing and is extremely slow). Of course now that I say that I won't be able to get COD to load because all you will be hitting the same site at the same time now.

Back