May 10, 2004 Limon, CO DVD Highlights

Verne Carlson provides the chance to see a classic chase day with his DVD from May 10, 2004 – Cedar Creek, CO Tornadoes. The video starts with the familiar vast Colorado fields balanced with an approaching supercell. From here, the video chronically moves into the chase, observing tornado after tornado from this violent storm. Classic supercell structure with a nice beaver tail and vault region is present. Verne keeps the action tripoded throughout the chase making for easy viewing. The tornado north of I-70 is a must see as this tube expands rapidly into a wedge. This breathtaking tornado is followed by another eerie tornado after dark. For those interesting in seeing a full documentation of May 10th, this is a must have DVD!

Scott Blair
http://www.targetarea.net/

I was very excited to see this wonderful DVD documenting the May 10, 2004 supercell near Limon, CO. Verne is able to get into position so that you see each meso occlude as a new one forms closer to the camera. Meso after meso, and tornado after tornado this video keeps getting better. The highlight of the video is a giant high contrast cone tornado at dusk. Verne gets steady tripoded video with great close-ups of the big tornado near I-70. The drivers on I-70 don’t seem to react at all to this highly visible strong to violent tornado. It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious the general public is to tornadoes.

Excellent job Verne! Congratulations on a chase of a live time.

Scott Currens
2004 Highlight Video Preview:
www.mesoscale.ws/video

Vern does a nice job covering the May 10 storm near Limon. Nice tripoded video. I never realized eastern Colorado was so flat. Does a nice job capturing the tornado's from start to finish.

FINALLY watched Verne's dvd of one of the best storms of the year!
What a LONG, succesful chase! Tornadoes of every size, finishing with a back lit wedge as darkness moves in. Amazing storm for sure (why couldn't it have been in Kansas!) and Verne does a nice job staying with the action the entire time. Great job Verne.

Verne's video is awesome! Its as close to a real Colorado tornado as I've been! It's well documented and beautifully filmed! I've watched it a couple times since getting it! I'd suggest the same to anyone looking at it! WOWZA! 8)

Back