Map Room, or Weather Lab? That's the question...

Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States of Americ
After reading a post in the Map Room about a nor'easter, I'm wondering about something...

Is the "Map Room" designated for only severe convection - or is it designated towards anything meteorological that someone is chasing? Obviously "Storm Track" and "Storm Chaser" could be implied as severe storm chaser, winter storm chaser, ice storm chaser, wind storm chaser, tropical storm chaser, etc..

Am I missing something here, or have I been wrong in posting winter weather forecasts in Weather Lab (since "no current weather discussions are allowed")?

Again, just wondering - I don't have a problem with the topic in the Map Room...

Yeah, there is a little ambiguity there. That said, historically-speaking, we've all placed winter storms in Weather Lab, as the Map Room (or it's previous state before August's board-wide revision) has been reserved for convective activity (deep, moist convection -- supercells, MCSs, the link). No harm done, certainly, but just letting everyone know that the rules haven't changed in this regard.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder
Yeah, there is a little ambiguity there. That said, historically-speaking, we've all placed winter storms in Weather Lab, as the Map Room (or it's previous state before August's board-wide revision) has been reserved for convective activity (deep, moist convection -- supercells, MCSs, the link). No harm done, certainly, but just letting everyone know that the rules haven't changed in this regard.
Then why'd you lock the Nor'easter thread in Weather Lab? Shouldn't the Maproom thread have been locked and the discussion continued in WL? No wonder no one can follow the rules...the mods can't keep things consistent.

The BC

Well don't I just look like a jackass now. It's a good thing I am. 8) Sorry guys, I'll go back into hibernation now.

The BC

Back