LOUSY WEATHER ADVISORY CANCELLED!!!!

...SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT...
...LOUSY WEATHER ADVISORY CANCELLED...

11:13 PM CST SUN 27 MAR 2005

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREEN BAY HAS CANCELLED THE LOUSY WEATHER ADVISORY. SPRING IS FINALLY STARTING TO DO ITS THING. TEMPERATURES TODAY WERE FORECAST TO HIT 46 BUT ACTUALLY MADE 49. THE SNOWPACK IS GETTING VERY PATCHY EXCEPT IN AREAS THAT ARE ALWAYS IN SHADOW OR IN AREAS WHERE IT HAS BEEN PLOWED INTO SIX FOOT DRIFTS.

HIGHS ARE FORECAST IN THE 50S FROM MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY, WITH A SLIGHT RELAPSE THURSDAY/FRIDAY BUT BACK TO THE 50S AFTER THAT. THERE ARE ALSO SEVERAL RAIN CHANCES IN THE FORECAST WHICH SHOULD MAKE SHORT WORK OF THE REST OF THE SNOWPACK.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(For the background, see the thread I started back at the beginning of March titled "I think I'm gonna scream". :lol:

Seconded! The weather for the last week (which was my spring break) was 100% cloudy, with temps in the 30s and 40s. Now, the first day back to class...its supposed to be clear, and 60. With a high in the 70s Tuesday! Go figure!! Class or not though, Im glad to see a change in the weather.

Yeah this is great. We may give 80° a good run Tuesday or Wednesday. The grass is starting to green up a little now too. 8)

Hmmm...

I'm watching this system at 54-66HRS on the NAM and GFS - Looks like it could be a SVR maker. LI down to -4C, very high helicity, strong shortwave energy... Looks like storms are a pretty good bet, and if the models have there way, they would have a good chance at being severe. Too early to get TOO excited, but I'm still jumping up and down, lol.

Then, the roof caves in as a strong shortwave digs pretty far south, and develops a powerful low. What that means is another bout of cold (and possibly even snowy) conditions. GFS outputs 2.50 inches of QPF across MI, which would possibly be a very heavy and wet snow. What that storm will do when it moves east is allow for a more zonal flow to set in, and give way to a more extended mild pattern - Good things come to those who wait...

I'll take one last bout of winter if that means we'll get stuck in a nice and mild zonal/WSW flow...

RDewey, i was also looking at the models and thought to myself, wow there could be a decent amount of storms in Northern ind. southern mich wends afternoon. Based off the nam, there is -4 to -6 lift ind. about 1o00 cape both surface based and mixed and a ton of helicity. Add good lapse rates and maybe some daytime heating i could see some nice storms popping. The bad thing is they would be moving close to 40-50mph and more the likely be in the form of a squall line but maybe a cell or two will pop along the warm front and have some mini sup. features."Crossing my fingers as i type this. " :wink:

NWS has raised tomorrow's high temperature to 73F! :D Severe weather also looking like a possibility Wednesday in parts of Illinois and Indiana! Hello Spring!

lousy weather advisory cancelled

Yes!!! I am truly excited about tomorrow's potential for bad (good!) weather here is SE wisconsin, I saw Nick Grillo's latest forecast on the Target area page. OH please, oh please oh please (fingers crossed)
Gail, Milwaukee

Looking at the HWO, the Easter Bunny was a little late in bringing my "convective" gift. Wednesday is looking nice, but, if you want to know more, take a peek in the Target Area for details about Weds severe weather potential. :D

Back