Looking for chase reports for March 2006 events

I am working on putting March 12, 2006 in the high risk archive and want to make sure I get everybody that has a chase report online for that day. If you chased that day and have a report on your website, please post the link here (especially if you didn't already post in in the Chase Reports thread for that day).

Any reports, damage surveys, or case studies for the other storm events this March would be appreciated for my blog page about the storms.

Thanks,
Andy

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ilx/?n=mar12tor

supercell_track.jpg

Good for you continuing this, Andy. Keep it up.

//Unfortunately, I don't have anything to add to your data! :unsure:

K.

Hrm... not sure what on earth they were looking at...

Here's a much more accurate track:
Monstercell track
[/b]

Ha - yeah I thought the same thing when I saw that image originally. There is at least one ILX forecaster that frequents this site - hopefully he'll pass the word on to give that track another look.

Glen

Hey Andy, me and a couple other chasers observed a wall cloud in Montgomery County KS early in the afternoon as the storm moved in from Oklahoma. I think it was actually the first cell of the day.

I have pictures up on my website, the link is http://www.kschaser.com/march12.html

Ha - yeah I thought the same thing when I saw that image originally. There is at least one ILX forecaster that frequents this site - hopefully he'll pass the word on to give that track another look.
[/b]

I wasn't the one that made that map, but I am responsible for it showing up on our webpage. However, looking between that one and the other one that was referenced, what specifically is the problem (besides not going far enough SW into Oklahoma)? I presume it may be the trajectory of the storm between central MO and central IL, but I wanted to be sure.

We would not be able to reference the other "monster cell track" image because it is linked to a .com site.

Chris G.

The main discrepancy appears to be during the supercells development stage (extreme n OK and into se KS). Otherwise, the differences appear to be rather minor.

FWIW, the linked image was made by Doug Speheger, a forecaster at NWSFO OUN, so I can't imagine he'd have a problem moving it onto the ILX page. I suppose it is on his personal page, but still...

I wasn't the one that made that map, but I am responsible for it showing up on our webpage. However, looking between that one and the other one that was referenced, what specifically is the problem (besides not going far enough SW into Oklahoma)? I presume it may be the trajectory of the storm between central MO and central IL, but I wanted to be sure.

We would not be able to reference the other "monster cell track" image because it is linked to a .com site.

Chris G.
[/b]

If I were to guess, the part of the track that appears most inconsistent is the early segment. Eyeballing it, I made an overlay of where the two are most different:

http://www.atmos.uiuc.edu/~romine/img/alt_...rcell_track.jpg

Based on watching the animation from the Iowa State site, I tend to think other track is more accurate. The strong inflection shown in the track from ILX I think comes from tracking the wrong (northern) earlier cell.

Glen

Back