Lightning In N.E.Oklahoma Brings Some Relief

The supercell word has reared it's head for TX tomorrow in the outlooks, and I don't know if I can pass up the change to see a few good hailers here in freakin' FEBRUARY, so I understand COMPLETELY! :wink:

Do you ever have one of those winter days when you walk outside, and for the first time in months, "that wind" hits you?

"That wind"

Today in Tyler, TX it was a 10-15 mph southwest wind that hit me in the face when I opened the door. It was about 8 am, and felt like about 68 degrees. It was moist, and looking up I saw thick, but not too thick, clouds. There were a few small breaks where I could see some light.

Does anyone wish we could bottle "that wind" "that air" or whatever we want to call it? There is nothing like the first blast on a severe weather day. It's when you walk to your car for the first time to either feel the air or load up the car. There's an energy in the air, you can feel that something is going to happen.

I felt it today. It wasn't as warm or as windy as those real out-the-door feelings of April, but it got my attention.

If you're like me, and you walk out the door to go to work, and you haven't felt that "wind" in a LONG time... it hits you... it gives you goosebumps.

Too bad I knew nothing was going to happen here today, so I went to work. :evil:

I know exactly what you mean. You walk out around sunrise and it hits you, you look up and see the clouds riding that low level jet screaming northward. You already know from your previous night's forecast that something is stirring for the day, but it's really driven to your soul when it hits you in the face. I like to call it "storm juice". 8)

Back