Let's list radio stations that stream wx coverage

Radio-Locator Website

I realize this is not a particular link to a particular radio station, but you can search radio stations nationwide from this site. Follow the link below. After searching you can access the radio station's website(if they have one), and if they are broadcasting over the internet you can hit the lightning bolt link to listen.

Hopefully this will help everyone out, when trying to find streaming radio stations. Also I'm in the process of making an Excel spreadsheet with chase related radio stations. If the need arises, I can put the file on my website when I'm finished with it.

http://www.radio-locator.com/

This is a great thread! Good idea, George!

I have taken my 2004 Rand McNally and written the frequencies of many of these stations over their homes, in big "magic marker" style. A new tool!

850 (AM) KOA in Denver:

http://www.850koa.com/listen/live.html

You have to register, but it's relatively painless.

They never go live, and reports will be brief, but they cover a broad area that is more regional than local.

770 (AM) KKOB in Albuquerque provides some wx info, too, but since the wx we're chasing is (usually) well east of ABQ, again, they never go live and reports are brief. They have no stream. If you're chasing in E NM, you may do better with TX stations.

Future posters: Please give the cities from which these stations are broadcasting, please, (rather than SE KS, for example), and the broadcast frequency, so I don't have to google it, LOL.

Bob

Abilene Texas: ABC Station KTXS has their cut-ins streamed on a local Christian radio station KGNZ. kgnz.com

I'm from Abilene, and when they have weather out there, I'll log on and turn down the sound. When the background noise goes from music to talking, I know they've cut in. KTXS spends an decent amount of time on air during severe weather.

mp

Not sure on the streaming aspect, but another good am station for severe weather coverage tath didn't make the list.

SW Iowa/NW MO: KMA 960 AM, Shenandoah

Back