KATRINA VICTIMS CHARITY DVD

Jim LaDue and I have been toying with the idea of a Storms of 2005 DVD for a few months now, as a follow-on to the successful Storms of 2004 DVD that raised over $4K for charity. We were sort of waffling on the idea, considering that the 2004 project nearly burned us out. However, considering the recent weather events, some have suggested that we move forward with the 2005 DVD idea (and possibly include some Katrina footage as well). Given what has happened down there, we're now re-motivated to press on with the project.

I'm sure there will be other charity DVDs produced, especially by local and national media, so we don't expect to have a market "cornered". Our DVD is going to highlight all the big tornado events as well.

BTW, even though our 2004 DVD higlighted Great Plains tornado events only, the money was used to help out in hurricane-ravaged Florida as well as for tsunami relief, as well as the local Oklahoma Red Cross chapter. This time, we expect a lot of the funds to be funnelled to Katrina help.

I'll send more information about our project out in the coming days. In the meantime, if you have decent video production skills and are interested in co-producing the DVD, please email me offline.

greg

Great idea guys, unfortunately I don’t have any video to contribute (been one of those years). Anyway all I can offer is some free posting on my site. I have space and bandwidth, so just let me know if I can help. Good luck

I could contribute some of the Hill City footage if need be. Problem is since the video exposure was so screwy that I have to fix it it can only be edited one time. I'd have to make that segment or something because if one re-edits my corrected files it gets lines through it. I guess someone else could just correct that as they put it together, but I can say from having done it "once" it isn't fun. Given a segment time limit I'd be happy to edit it myself....IF it was even wanted for the video. That is about the only worthwhile thing from 05 I have.

I have a little video of a tornado in Kearney NE back in May that I would be happy to contribute. It may not be good enough for a DVD though. Other than that I have little for 2005. Ive got some incredible video of the pre Hallam tornado that you are welcome to though. Let me know.

Dennis

Hurricane Katrina Home Video

I know some will flame me for posting this on storm track (while others will just flame me no matter what for still being alive after Katrina...)

I have had a lot of people ask me if I was going to do a highlights video for Katrina because I have yet again managed to get about 11 hours of footage of the last days of New Orleans and I will be releasing a home video in a couple weeks that is going to be called:

"Hurricane Katrina - New Orleans - Before, During & After"

It will only be $15.00 plus shipping of $4.50

Half the profits of this project will be given to the Red Cross.

I have finished my Hurricane Katrina Blog and you can look at all the video samples on line.

http://www.stormchaservideo.com/Hurricane_...trina/index.htm

Re: Hurricane Katrina Home Video

I know some will flame me for posting this on storm track (while others will just flame me no matter what for still being alive after Katrina...)

Nope. Some things in life are bigger than you and I, Doug. I'm happy to see you're doating 50% profits to the Red Cross. Times like these, we all need to stick together.

BTW, even though our 2004 DVD higlighted Great Plains tornado events only, the money was used to help out in hurricane-ravaged Florida as well as for tsunami relief, as well as the local Oklahoma Red Cross chapter. This time, we expect a lot of the funds to be funnelled to Katrina help.
greg

This time I expect a health chapter on Katrina herself. Footage of such will be welcome. I believe we can turn this one out more quickly since we had to learn a lot in the way of video production with the Storms of 2004. Greg and I appreciate all your offers of help.

Jim

Thread is continued here:
<a href=\'http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8240\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8240</a>

Back