Katrina Forum

• Thread starter Mike Hollingshead
  • Start date

Mike Hollingshead

Just wondering something. It's fine to have a thread about chaser behavior and blasting them but it is not cool to have a thread about future hurricanes likely to impact the region devistated by Katrina, for the public to view? Just wondering becuase I posted such a topic and within seconds it was deleted. I never thought it would be THAT big of a deal to have such a topic the public could view during this time. But evidently here at ST2 it is. I should have known I guess.

Originally posted by Mike Hollingshead
Just wondering something. It's fine to have a thread about chaser behavior and blasting them but it is not cool to have a thread about future hurricanes likely to impact the region devistated by Katrina, for the public to view? Just wondering becuase I posted such a topic and within seconds it was deleted. I never thought it would be THAT big of a deal to have such a topic the public could view during this time. But evidently here at ST2 it is. I should have known I guess.

Mike,

It wasn't deleted! I moved it to Weather Lab since it didn't really involve Katrina. Since no particular storms have formed, it didn't fit well in Map Room. No forecasts for current storms are allowed in Weather Lab, but your thread regarded discussion about storms that have yet to form, so it fits best in Weather Lab. Again, since it didn't really have much to do with Katrina, I didn't feel it really belonged in the Katrina forum. No need for a sour attitude! :D

Ok, sorry, my bad. No one said it was moved and I commented 'delete if it is pointless'. Saw it was gone right away and thought it was deleted because of a targetting bias, wanting that all hidden. With the whole Katrina thing I never even thought to post it outside of there, but that is fine by me. Just quickly got upset because I thought it was deleted. Again, sorry...

Runs away in shame.....

I think that for this kind of reason, if a moderator moves a thread, they should private message the original poster telling them so... just an idea, because some people will get a "sour attitude" having the idea their post got deleted.

I think that for this kind of reason, if a moderator moves a thread, they should private message the original poster telling them so... just an idea, because some people will get a "sour attitude" having the idea their post got deleted.

Laura,

It is moderator policy to PM all individuals whose posts we have deleted/moved/etc. However, we were busier during tidying up the Katrina section since there were numerous redundant posts, inappropriate posts, etc. When the moderating job is more active, as was the case with the Katrina forum, we may not have time to PM every member.

Back