Just saw this on Drudge Report

Doug_Kiesling

Ok, I just saw this on the Drudge Report and I had to laugh at the part where he was saying that they need to get back to reporting the weather. Gee, that's what a lot of us have been saying for years.

Weather Channel Founder Blasts Network; Claims It Is 'Telling Us What to Think'
TWC founder and global warming skeptic advocates suing Al Gore to expose 'the fraud of global warming.'

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute

3/3/2008 6:11:04 PM

The Weather Channel has lost its way, according to John Coleman, who founded the channel in 1982.

Coleman told an audience at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change on March 3 in New York that he is highly critical of global warming alarmism.

“The Weather Channel had great promise, and that’s all gone now because they’ve made every mistake in the book on what they’ve done and how they’ve done it and it’s very sad,†Coleman said. “It’s now for sale and there’s a new owner of The Weather Channel will be announced – several billion dollars having changed hands in the near future. Let’s hope the new owners can recapture the vision and stop reporting the traffic, telling us what to think and start giving us useful weather information.â€

The rest of the story is here:
http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080303175301.aspx

Although I love Storm Stories and When Weather Changed History I would like to see a descent weather education program shown on a normal basis. Plus if there is extreme weather rolling in- drop everything and cover it hard. Huricanes are different but somewhat more predictable beast and wouldn't need a week of solid coverage. But if my weather radio kicks on I would like to count on the weather channel being there to show the visuals.

Now what would be really cool is if they would cut off to our local weather radar stations and let them handle the full situation. Give NWS chance to show some skills on television.

Although I love Storm Stories and When Weather Changed History I would like to see a descent weather education program shown on a normal basis.

Not me, thats what "The Weather Story Channel" would be for. I gave up the weather channel when I could no longer find the weather there when I needed it (internet down, local channels not covering because it was at least 60 miles away or covering the wrong area in a widespread outbreak). There was nothing more annoying than being in a bad weather situation and going there to find weather stories.

Weather channel=Luke Skywalker turned into Darth Vader. It used to be fun to watch before it became all political. You see everything on it BUT the weather.

well I did say they should drop the programs and get into the weather when the weather turns for the worse. Or allow our local NWS to cut into regional transmissions to give us the dirty. I personally hate it when my local stations is playing Senfield when the weather radio starts whistling.

I like to check out storm stories sometimes if its interesting.

But as far as TWC as a whole goes, its all about sellout political BS scare tactics.

It makes me nostalgic for the old days...you know, when the Weather Channel showed the weather and MTV played music videos. Maybe they should start a Weather Channel 2 to show the stuff that is supposed to be on TWC. It worked for MTV.

Back