Jotto Desk deals??

Anyone know who has the best prices on Jotto Desk products?

I can't find anyone who has them in stock in DFW. I need to get one for my 2003 Chevy pickup.

Thanks,

brianb
N5ACN

there is a harry or hank baker onn here with a photo / video company out of ok city i think.. I bought mine from him and his pricing was better than anyone else i could find.

there is a harry or hank baker onn here with a photo / video company out of ok city i think.. I bought mine from him and his pricing was better than anyone else i could find.

Just sent him an Email.

Thanks!!

brianb
N5ACN

I'm trying to decide between these two models of Jotto Desk for my Honda Civic. I hope to forgo the base, and attach the arm directly to my custom-built video monopod console.

Jotto 425-5167

Jotto 425-5212

The former diesk is $53 less expensive. However, I can't tell from the picutre how the laptop actually secures to the desk. For the more expensive option, cables secure the laptop to the desk.

Does anyone have any experience with the less expensive desk (5167)?

I'm trying to decide between these two models of Jotto Desk for my Honda Civic. I hope to forgo the base, and attach the arm directly to my custom-built video monopod console.

Jotto 425-5167

Jotto 425-5212

The former diesk is $53 less expensive. However, I can't tell from the picutre how the laptop actually secures to the desk. For the more expensive option, cables secure the laptop to the desk.

Does anyone have any experience with the less expensive desk (5167)?

Greg, I am looking at the pictured desk and see the less expensive one lacking the cable lock system. If youll look closely the more expensive one has discs on the plate. These discs are a rubber foam type and keep the laptop from moving around when cabled tightly to the desk.

The less expensive model seems to just have the plate or desk. I suppose if you wish you can put velcro there. That would be one alternative. I certainly reccomend some method of attaching your laptop to the desk. Velcro would be the best thing I can think of.

The cables are somewhat of a pain in the ass, attaching detaching, adjusting, however; they work as intended and work well I would say for securing the laptop as securely as your going to get.

If I were to do it over again I would probably buy the same desk. The deluxe model. But that is duley a result of an adversion to velcro that is merely a personal preference.

Fred

PS any pictures of your monopod camera mounted setup?

The less expensive model seems to just have the plate or desk. I suppose if you wish you can put velcro there. That would be one alternative. I certainly reccomend some method of attaching your laptop to the desk. Velcro would be the best thing I can think of.
Velcro is definitely not an option. I've heard that repeated removal of a laptop from the velcro can flex the base of the laptop potentially damaging the motherboard and other components. If I can be sure that the only way to secur using the less expensive model is velcro, then my choice is easy.

PS any pictures of your monopod camera mounted setup?
I can post some in a little bit.

Thanks Fred.

g

Greg,

2 Points.

1. One of the better things of the more expensive one is with the cables and rubber pads it offers a shock absorber to the laptop. You dont want the laptop fastened to tightly or directly to the plate since the laptop itself would take the beating and that would kill the harddrive faster. That is why I chose the more expensive one with all the rubber padding etc. The cables can be adjusted for tension to hold it tight but not crush it to the plate.

My 1st laptop died a horrible death because I built a homemade mount with hard mount points with no flexiblity so the laptop's HD took the beating. It didnt last long. Since I have gone with the jotto I have no issues like that.

2. The padding adds space between the faceplate and your laptop allowing for air to circulate which helps control the laptops tempuratre. If it sits directly on the faceplate it may get too hot with no air getting to the battery or HD. Just my experience. I cant talk for everybodys.

Good points on the alternative"velcro" method of attaching.. Flex in the components due to the velcro as well as the heat build up and shock.

Back