Joel Taylor has passed away

May he Ride Forever, Shiny and Chrome.

I really want to point some things out -

- Oxycontin/Oxycodone has been in use in medicine for over 100 years.
- It started being pushed in the late 80's/early 90's, heavily.
- It leads to abuse of street narcotics.
- Abuse of street narcotics is a fast-track to the grave.

If you need help, say something. There's never been more options for people hooked on opioids.

At the risk of Stormtrack becoming the purveyor of incorrect information, I’d prefer we wait for the Coroner’s report for official information on what took Joel’s life. Granted, there are plenty of gossip-laden websites that have already taken a stab at the substance(s) involved, but for his parents and closest friends sake, I’d like to be cautious and wait and see what conclusions the ME arrives at once his work is completed. This information won’t make it any easier in the end for his family, but if we demonstrate the utmost integrity as a community during the interim, we’ll be doing ourselves and many others a favor in the long run.

Always good to get the facts correct. No matter what the outcome, Joel loved chasing like many of us -- and we have that passion in common. Sooner or later, we will all end up on a ST discussion when we are gone.

Dear Chasers and all. Though I would chime in on this. very very sad to hear indeed. I have not had time to look at the specifics of this unfortunate event but it seems like to me that he indeed did love storm chasing and generally cared about people and wanted to help protect people. As to his personal life I cannot speak on that nor would I on this forum. There is Truly a place in Heaven for people like Joel that have a heart for others and care about the world around them. May God watch over and protect his family at this most difficult time.

Shawn C.

"Fox 4-Warn Storm Tracker"
"FOX4NEWS.COM"

"WEATHER ONLY ON FOX 4"

Back