**JEFF WEAR**

I, too, never met Jeff, yet this news still came as a shock — something you never really expect, or would want to. My condolences to his family and friends, from a land of upside-down tornadoes.

I was holding off on putting a reply here becuase I personally didn't know Jeff. However, after reading through all 9 pages of this thread and the outpour of support from the community, I feel comfortable enough to post in this thread.

I wish to offer my deepest sympothies and condolences to Jeff's family and friends. He will be in all of our prayers.

I met Jeff at a couple conferences and enjoyed my conversations with him. I never had the pleasure of meeting him in the field. This is a sad day for the chase community and my sincerest condolences go out to his friends and family...

Wow, I just saw this today. Another tragic loss of a young and talented life. I never met Jeff, but we did communicate through email.

Jeff, may you always have blue skies ahead and a tailwind at your back.
Farewell, my prayers are with your family.

Jeff

I never met Jeff but he was a fellow chaser, may you rest in peace Jeff, my condolences to him and his family/friends. :(

What a horrible tragedy. I pray for serenity for his family and friends. The chasing family has truly lost a great member.

I have never met Jeff, or communicated directly with him, since this is my first year on this board. However, even then, his name has stuck in my mind, and I have enjoyed reading his posts and greatly appreciated all of his thoughts, photos, and discussions. I give my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends during this trying time, and Jeff, may you rest in peace.

Well, this certainly is a shock. I only knew Jeff Wear from the text he typed, and that crazy upside down tornado avatar. I've seen his website, and he was a great chaser, he died doing what he loved best. May his heaven be infinite CAPE and shear, with just the right amount of cap, and mothership mesos that always generate tornadoes, dancing through open fields.

A salute to you, Jeff Wear!

Rest in Peace. I will dedicate the first thunderstorm I see in Iraq to you!

Dave

Very sad news, indeed. I hope I'm not too late to pass along thoughts and condolences. It's a sobering feeling knowing that one of us in here is no longer with us, taken so swiftly, so tragically. Thanks for the picture and post, Mike Deason.

I similarly express my condolences to friends and family directly affected by this tragic and great loss. When I saw Jeff's posts on Stormtrack, I made sure to read them, because they were interesting and often contained quite a unique sense of humor and perspective on chasing and life. Although I never formally met him, I knew if I did meet him, he'd be a great guy I'd like to know. My prayers are with Jeff's family and friends.

Warmest Regards,
Chris

I myself did not know Jeff personally, but like other chasers I was interested in posts he made on ST because you could learn so much from him. My regards go out to Jeff's family, he will be missed.

I offer my deepest condolences to the Wear family. This is indeed a real tragedy, and I pray that God would comfort them during this very difficult time.

My Condolences to Jeff's family and friends

Having never met Jeff that I know of (though it was possible over the trips I made to the midwest to chase), I still feel horribly for his family, friends, and the obvious loss to the chaser community. Hopefully he won't have to give up what he loved the most, and blazes a trail for the rest of us whatever the future holds.

:(

Back