Insanely Beautiful in Boulder this morning

I have not been able to go through all my photos. I have never been in a snow like this.

Incredible images this morning in Boulder. Just insane.

I posted four pages of pics here
http://www.usawx.com/thejourney276.htm

At the bottom you can just keep going to each page.

Sample...enjoy

bouldercentralparkphoto101dec28th.gif

insanebeautysnowinbouldercolorado.gif

beauincolorado1dec29th2006302s.gif

It was so peaceful last night around the city. About the only noise you could hear were cracking branches. The SUV almost got hit by one. I heard the crack (had my window down) and floored it. :)

The city was just incredibly beautiful. Pictures can never do it justice. What a place to live. I am from Paducah, Kentucky. Long way from home. I can only dream of snow like this.

Amazing chase. Will defin come back.

NICE!

You have to love the wet snow! It did something similiar here in Texas once where it stuck to everything! Not that beautiful oc course but it was close. I have a new desktop background fro awhile. :p

Will try to go through all my photos in the days to come. I need to save them in a higher resolution - jpegs. Posted those gifs the other day.

Here is a cool shot that I took in Everygreen (they received 28 inches from the storm).

thejou555.jpg

Wow... so that's what snow looks like! LOL... southern Ontario hasn't seen the stuff in.... ummm..... I forget. It's been a while. We've been above the freezing mark for weeks now.

Those are beautiful pics, they really do scream silence. Love the ones of the trees and bridges, and the one with the pinkish sky. How much snow was on the ground in those pics?

Wow... so that's what snow looks like! LOL... southern Ontario hasn't seen the stuff in.... ummm..... I forget. It's been a while. We've been above the freezing mark for weeks now.

Those are beautiful pics, they really do scream silence. Love the ones of the trees and bridges, and the one with the pinkish sky. How much snow was on the ground in those pics?
Boulder had anywhere from 10-14 inches (depending on your location in the city). The other photo (bottom one) had about 30-35 inches. The bottom one was Evergreen, Colorado.

Here are all the thumbnail images...hopefully I will have my chase page up and running in a month or two. These are amateur shots...still learning (TON to learn about cameras). I was not happy with the white balance at night...but it was better than the Peoria event. Still learning

http://www.usawx.com/bouldercoloradoevent.htm

I am always looking for constructive criticism of photos.

All photos are from Boulder.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are amateur shots...still learning (TON to learn about cameras). I was not happy with the white balance at night...

Great pics, Beau. Snow and ice are difficult to shoot. Nothing like a second "sky" to blow out all the shadow detail or lose the highlights. It's pretty difficult to accurately capture the magical landscape as you see it. You've done a pretty decent job.

I've got tons to learn still as well, so I'll leave the constructive criticism up to those who are qualified. For what it's worth: even with the white balance issue, I like the night shots.

Back