• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Incorrect Number for NWS Fort Worth

Does the SN Windows app display the correct number for WFO Fort Worth? Yesterday I attempted to make a report, but it went straight to voicemail.

FWD doesn't usually answer the spotter line during events. My understanding is it is an old-style answering machine and they have it turned up so they hear you leaving a message in real-time. Their spotter number is 1-800-792-2257.

FWD doesn't usually answer the spotter line during events. My understanding is it is an old-style answering machine and they have it turned up so they hear you leaving a message in real-time. Their spotter number is 1-800-792-2257.

That explains it. Was expecting a human to answer, but was kind of perplexed when I received the voicemail instead. Thanks for the info.

Back