Images in REPORTS thread

There had been an ongoing vote regarding images in the REPORTS threads. With the change to this software package, I don't think we need to worry about whether or not to allow images. If you don't want to see any images, go to User CP >> Edit Options, and scroll down to the line regarding Displaying Images:

Visible Post Elements
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)[/quote]

You can toggle this option on and off, which will let you see or not see images posted by members.

This option can also be useful for those who are on a cell-phone connection and do not want to have to worry about loading images in threads. You can also deactivate avatars as well.

Of course, this doesn't address the image size issue... I've seen mods that either automatically resize images (making the image a link to the full image) or put the image in a seperate window (like an i-frame). Given the amount of time Tim and others have put in over the past few weeks getting everything straightened out, however, I think such a mod may be on the backburner.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's true... I'm thinking a lot of these points are moot now. We can revisit this issue some more in the weeks ahead. We've got a LOT more flexibility with this board than we did under phpBB.

Tim

Back