Hurricane Ivan

I was just wondering if anyone chased hurricane Ivan. If so where did you go and what did you think of the storm? My dad and I chased it and ended up in Pensacola. This was my first hurricane. :oops: I had someone ask me if I preferred a really good tornado day or a really good hurricane day. I am not sure. What do you think? :?:

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3644

Regarding hurricane day or tornado day... I've never chased a hurricane, but I can't imagine a good hurricane day would be better than a good tornado day (for me, at least). I mean, I'd choose 5/3/99 in OK over any hurricane I think... Or 6/8/95 or 5/12/04... I guess there's just something about tornado chasing that I can't picture would be the same (elusiveness, etc) with hurricane chasing.

I had someone ask me if I preferred a really good tornado day or a really good hurricane day.

To me a good tornado day would be seeing a tornado, and a good hurricane day would be actually being in the eye. I would probably be equally happy with both.....when you think of it the actual eye of a hurricane is something not too many people can say they've actually been inside.

Back