Hurricane ADRIAN

I'd wait to see if it can remain organized in order to cross into the Carribean and then either maintain cohesion or intensify. My money is on it taking a lot of punishment in central america and not holding up too well by the time it makes open sea again.

I find the following interesting:

NOTE...ONLY IF THE SYSTEM MAINTAINS TROPICAL CYCLONE STATUS THROUGHOUT ITS PASSAGE OVER LAND WOULD IT RETAIN THE NAME ADRIAN IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN.

I thought that it came up in discussion last year what would happen if a storm maintained intensity as it crossed Central America and into the adjacent ocean (be it from Atlantic to Pacific, or vice versa). So, imagine if Adrian miraculously strengthened and slammed into Cuba as a Cat 4 or something. Now, they would presumably retire the name assuming widespread damage. But, would they retire a PACIFIC-named storm if it produces retiring-quality damage in the ATLANTIC? AFAIK, that has never happened, and it certainly doesn't look to be a good possibility this time, but I'd be interesting to see what the TPC/NHC would do. I just find it interesting if they'd retire a Pacific-named storm if it doesn't really produce retiring-quality damage in the Pacific. Again, I assume they'd retire it nonetheless, but interesting nonetheless.

The 5 AM update shows Adrian rapidly losing organization after landfall.... they also say that the system probably will not reintisify over the Cariibean because of strong SW wind shear...

Back