Historic Isentropic Analysis

Zach

Enthusiast
Hello all,

I was wondering if anybody was aware of past isentropic analysis maps? I cannot find any online. I attempted trying it on IDV, however, I don't believe you can plot data on theta e surfaces. Specifically, I need isentropic maps of May 7-10, 2016 tornado event. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so my apologies if this thread is the wrong area.

Thanks!

Zach

Unfortunately, isentropic maps are pretty rare to find anywhere online, whether current or dated. I also could not find anything using my usual sources. I know I could plot the data on theta-e surfaces using my Grads scripts, though. You may consider looking into Grads. There are Linux and Windows compatible versions.

Sorry, no links from me either. I will say that Tropical Tidbits has added a limit set of isentropic charts (300K and 290K only) in the past month or so.

Thanks Jeff and Brian! I appreciate you checking into it. It's just as I suspected that I would have to use Grads. I have used before, but it's a steep learning curve. I may look into that.

Hello - Zach I had a clarification - do you just want to plot PV on a isentropic surface ?

Back