A tutorial on today's weather in the Rockies & Plains

I look forward to seeing more of these types of descriptions. This is incredibly good stuff Tim. I learned quite a bit more about forecasting and the thought process that goes into analyzing and using the theory instead of just talking about what the models say.

Thank you. I know so little so I'm grateful for everything I can pickup from the pros here, even if it's only little bits that I understand right now.

Thanks Tim. One of the reasons I joined Stormtraack was to better educate myself.

My H.S. son is also very interested in storm science and this is a perfect tutorial on what he might expect to see in college classes.

Cheers.
Scott

I'd like to make a suggestion. Maybe the Mods can be requested to make one detailed forecast post every calendar quarter similar to what Tim did here. I think it would keep content like this up for learning experience, allow the Mods to be a visible to some of the readers, as well as give many of the readers a taste of how people develop their forecast with their own personal tendencies.

Thoughts??

I'd like to make a suggestion. Maybe the Mods can be requested to make one detailed forecast post every calendar quarter similar to what Tim did here. I think it would keep content like this up for learning experience, allow the Mods to be a visible to some of the readers, as well as give many of the readers a taste of how people develop their forecast with their own personal tendencies.

Thoughts??

The moderators aren't necessarily the best source for learning how to forecast. We're not all meteorologists. I went to school for computer graphics and programming, and most of my forecasting knowledge is based off of things I've learned here or other sites. I can give you some pointers on what to look for when forecasting severe weather, but I don't think I'm the best person to be leading in depth discussions on forecasting. I do contribute fairly regularly in the forecast threads for setups I'm considering chasing... does that count? I encourage anyone though, to start your own tutorials here even if you are an "amateur" forecaster. Somebody wil learn something and others can help critique.

Back