Hallam Photo Stitch

Nice job. Every time I see these kinds of photos, or any by Mike H., it reminds me of just how crappy my digital camera is.

What are you shooting?

Even a 2mp non zoom digicam, or a 30 year old film SLR can produce attractive pics. Look at Mike's before and after doggie shot - a bit of level and curve tweaking can make any well exposed (nothing blocked or blown out) shot look great.

A low end camera will limit your maximum resolution, and poor glass may make you avoid certain aperture or zoom settings. Still, decent shots should be achievable. If you keep shooting, and analyze what's wrong with your shots, you'll soon learn how to work around the box's shortcomings.

Why Your Camera Does Not Matter

1.) Good tools just get out of the way and make it easier to get the results you want. Lesser tools may take more work.
2.) They add durability for people who use these tools hard all day, every day.
3.) Advanced users may find some of the minor extra features convenient. These conveniences make the photographer's life easier, but they don't make the photos any better.
4.) Hey, there's nothing wrong with the best tools, and if you have the money to blow why not? Just don't ever start thinking that the fancy tools are what created the work.

If you like, post some examples - I'm sure you'll get some good feedback.

-Greg

Back