Guide for documentary needed

I am planning a documentary together with a friend who is a movie maker with several documentaries on his merit list. It will either be a full length documentary or a series about storm chasing and, more importantly, the people around storm chasing. The chasers, the people living in the area, the people who meet storm chasers (farmers, sheriffs etc). I.e. the focus will be more on people than the storms and it will not be an action documentary like many of the TV-series around. The documentary will be in English and distributed globally.

Still, the storms will absolutely be a key factor of the documentary and for this will be requiring a guide to help us get to the storms. The guide will be needed for 3-4 weeks in our preliminary plan. You will off course be required to do forecasting etc and perhaps some driving. The crew will be around 5-6 people including photographers, assistants etc. We will provide the van, gas etc but you need to have the equipment (as in lap top, software etc).

Since you will become a part of the documentary it is important that you would feel comfortable in front of a camera. You will not be the main focus of the documentary though.

I would like you to write to me at [email protected] with a short description of your merits and what you would charge per day or per week. Please do not use this thread to apply (or the PM function at stormtrack) but feel free to ask questions, I may not be able to answer all at this moment but I will give it a try.

Lastly, there is a chance we will not have time to do this in 2017 and the project may be postponed to 2018. If you are not able to do the job this May but perhaps next year, it would be interesting to know as well.

Back