GR level 2 analyst

Not sure what you mean... Under File/Configure Polling you either put the AH server if you are a subscriber, or one of the free university servers. Nothing with your local directory.

I have a question about the file "services". Is there something different that Allison House offers vs. what the free sources offer? I would assume there is because I can’t imagine why one would pay for a service that is free elsewhere. I don’t own any of the GR apps so this is why am asking.

I have a question about the file "services". Is there something different that Allison House offers vs. what the free sources offer? I would assume there is because I can’t imagine why one would pay for a service that is free elsewhere. I don’t own any of the GR apps so this is why am asking.

Mick...

The only difference is that AH more reliable. Some say you get data a little faster but even AH doesn't state anything like that.

However, on a high risk day, so many people use bandwidth from the free feed that it becomes slow while AH offers a dedicated bandwidth witch will never slow off. Also some sites seem to be missing on the free feed.

The question would be how much are you wanting to pay to garantee reliable radar feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
AH also offers MANY other data sources, some which you might find free (METARs) and some which you won't (lightning, model output, etc.)

Yeah I forgot about other data.

These are very useful, matching surface orbs with radar may become very handful in making a chase decision.

Personnaly I do use AH feed and am very satisfied with what I get for the buck.

Back