Google ads question

• Thread starter Mike Hollingshead
  • Start date

Mike Hollingshead

I was looking into the whole ads by google thing and while reading the agreement it made it sound like you can't link to competing things. So if it is placing tours on the ad you can't have links to tours on your pages unless they are in the google program themselves. Hell in the reading it makes it sound like no links to anything that are non-google.

If You have elected to receive content or Site-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s).

ST is getting content/site-based ads right? According to how that is worded it means no banner ad....no? I guess I am confused on what it means, but figured I'd post it in here. I see sites all the time with multiple ads so I must be missing what exactly they mean by that wording.

Ok, I thought it was trying to keep you from advertising for things not in the google adsense program on the same pages as your banner. Thanks. So it'd be fine to say have a link to a storm chasing tour while their ads by google box is running its own ads for tours? I assume so now.

We are using Adsense for Content. About the "you can't link to competing things", that would make no sense as "competition" is a very broad definition. As far as I can tell they're only telling you that they'll take you down if you're starting a click fraud ring.

ST ads are targeted and based on keywords. In fact it's kind of interesting seeing what kind of ads get served up with various posts.

Tim

Back