Film recommendations

I've been shooting slide film for about the last 2 years now in my Canon AE-1. No one as far as I know here in mobile does in house slide development, so i have to send stuff off. I probably have 8 rolls that i still need to send. When I shot print film I got in good with one person at the local 1 hour and they took good care of my photos. While not as timely as shooting digital, I can wait an hour. Therefore I'm thinking of making a return to print film just to try it out. That and I can get them on a CD in a timely manner. I know i can get slides put on a CD and if i can find someone locally i'll stay with slide film.

So what is the current hotness in print film?

So far I'm liking the specs on this kodak film

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...egoryNavigation

Gonna go this route for a while untill i can afford to go digital SLR.

I'll keep that in mond, thanks!

I have found a local developer that does slides in house... forgot to ask if they can put them to CD

So what is the current hotness in print film?

[/b]

I shot some AGFA UltroPro last year and liked it, but now they went out of business. I currently have a roll of Reala 100 sitting in my bag waiting for its day...

But like you, I shoot slide film when chasing... Velvia 100.

-John

Velvia is the only way to go if you must shoot film, imho, although, I no longer shoot film, except for the occasional roll of black and white. Fred Miranda.com even has software to emulate Velvia in Photoshop. I think it will be remember as the best filmed, as film slowly becomes a niche market.

Digital is great, but film is just plain fun sometimes. Nothing like sitting in the bathroom for a few hours developing B&W negatives!

Back