Express cards.

I am in the market for a new laptop and the one I am looking at has Expresscard slots but no PCIMA slots. Is there an adapter anyone has seen? Or do I need to check with Sprint, my cellular internet provider? Thanks for any help.
Jeff

I am in the market for a new laptop and the one I am looking at has Expresscard slots but no PCIMA slots. Is there an adapter anyone has seen? Or do I need to check with Sprint, my cellular internet provider? Thanks for any help.
Jeff

Verizon has the express cards. I've tried calling Sprint and getting information from them, and from all the people I have talked to, there is no ETA, however one person at a sprint store in Minneapolis told me late Quarter 2 of 2007. Take it with a grain of salt.

-Eric

Most of the ExpressCard EVDO Rev. A cards for Sprint are due out in Q1 2007. Sierra Wireless has theirs slated for early February. Most will be ExpressCard34 format. If the ExpressCard ones don't make it out by spring, I'll likely go USB.

-John

I have a new Dell laptop with an ExpressCard slot... and have a problem with my Alltel/Kyocera EVDO card since it is PCMCIA... After doing a little research on the evdoforums.com site, I will have to buy a USB adapter for my card, something called the Elan U132... it'll be rather cumbersome, but Alltel has no current plans (as of last month) of having ExpressCards... but that will likely change as more customers complain ;-)

EVDO Expresscard for $99.99

Company I work for sells the Verizon Novatel V640 ExpressCard for $99.99 with a 2-year contract. Thats $80 less than what verizon stores sell it for.

We've outfitted thousands of people with EVDO gear, including many who spend all their lives on the road for one reason or the other.

Our online store, http://Booster-Antenna.com, has a good selection of EVDO devices for both Sprint and Verizon, as well as antennas for different applications, in-line amplifiers, and EVDO Routers.

Feel free to chat with us on AIM/iChat as "BoosterAntenna", if you have EVDO questions of any sort.

You can also chat with us using our live chat feature on our contact page:
http://booster-antenna.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Back