Environment Canada archives?

Long story: Last Monday, 13 June, I was on vacation driving Buffalo-Toronto. Like usual, I can't avoid WX on vacation, I caught some of Arlene's moisture and drove through a nice batch of thunderstorms from south of Hamilton to Toronto. (The rental car had never been Rain-X'd, which I saw to, so I couldn't get any pics.)

I did watch the local Toronto 11PM news, which focused on the pollution and the temporary break from the heat. I then switched to The Weather Network, which unlike The Weather Channel actually talks about the weather (!) and they mentioned funnel clouds in the western Toronto suburbs. I'm not kicking myself for missing anything, but I couldn't find anything in the Globe and Mail, and nothing on Environment Canada's site about reports or warnings. Jared, anyone...was there really any weather in Toronto and that's how blase the media treats it? Thanks!

You would have to talk to some of the Ontario chasers out there,
but i did here reports of 6-7 tornado touchdowns.I dont know how
many were confirmed from damage surveys.Unlike the SPC we never
know to weeks or even years after the event.Like i say mabe the
Ontario chasers can chime in.

Originally posted by Colin P.McIntyre
You would have to talk to some of the Ontario chasers out there,
but i did here reports of 6-7 tornado touchdowns.I dont know how
many were confirmed from damage surveys.Unlike the SPC we never
know to weeks or even years after the event.Like i say mabe the
Ontario chasers can chime in.

You are correct there were 6-7 confirmed touch downs last Tuesday... There's a chart on www.ontariostorms.com (Not my site). You have to scroll down the page and look for "2004 Tornado Statistics". Don't be thrown off by the 2004 the tornadoes are from this year.... Even the F0's from the begining of the season. One of which being in my city...

Back