Educating the Educators on Severe Weather

I totally agree with everything being said - I just don't think an entity capable of doing it will ever come into existance because of budgetary issues. Schools don't have the money to pay for it.

For once, I can say I actually agree with rdale. No matter how dire this organization might seem to some, and I am right on board with those who do, it is ultimately up to the people who hold the cash as to whether or not it comes into being. I think it will take more school-related weather disasters for them to consider it.

I totally agree with everything being said - I just don't think an entity capable of doing it will ever come into existance because of budgetary issues. Schools don't have the money to pay for it.

School administrators have enough on their plate these days, so don't count on anyone going to spotter training classes. Money and time are both issues. However, school administrators do need to make sure the school has a working severe weather safety plan and they are ultimately responsible for the safety of the students. Having a functional weather radio and a pre-planned, actively practiced safety drill will go a long way towards savings lives.

Back