Denver ChaserCon 2014?

I'll be there again this year, and probably hanging out at the Storm Assist table for much of the time. Stop and say hi if you get a chance.

I will be there as well, although I will be feeling guilty about being away from my wife on Valentine's Day. Also feeling guilty about missing work on Friday and Saturday - I am a CPA, and it's February - do the math :) - but actually for that reason I think I can use this little break more than ever!

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as I can!

I always look forward to this conference. It is good that it is going on as normal. Tim/Paul/Carl would have wanted that. I'm looking forward to the warmer temps (50s &60s) for a few days at least.

Contrary to the others, my severe lack of funding improved, so I will be attending!

This is a sad occasion (only time I ever saw Tim Samaras was at last year's Chasercon).

However, there should at least be some spectacular videos, and the speaker's list is
impressive.

Best wishes to all chasers, whether present or absent.

We live in Denver so my chase partner and I will be there. We're relative newbies with only a couple seasons under our belt, so we are thrilled to get to soak in some of the culture and knowledge from other chasers. Look forward to meeting you all there!

I will be attending ChaserCon this year and I'd love to meet any of the regular contributors from StormTrack. It would be nice to put a face with the name...

A bit of info for anyone who may be planning on some skiing or snowboarding before or after Chasercon - although it will be very warm in Denver during the convention, the mountains have had a LOT of snow the last two weeks - as much as 5-8 FEET at some Colorado ski resorts, so even with somewhat warmer temperatures the conditions should be excellent. I've got some free days to use at Ski Cooper and Monarch, so will probably hit those areas on the way home. See lots of you at Chasercon soon!

P.S. - If anyone is heading into the backcountry, skiing or otherwise, be very aware of conditions where you are considering heading. Avalanche risk is very high after all the recent snow, and will likely remain so with the coming warmup.

Hoping I can still get out of Philadelphia on Friday, given that we are expecting up to a foot of snow here from a nor'easter today and tonight. My love for storms extends to snowstorms and I always root for a big snowfall, but this time I definitely have mixed feelings about it. I'm sure I would eventually get there on Friday but I don't want to miss the forecasting class on Friday evening.

Right now the snow is forecast to end in Philly by 6:00 or 7:00AM Friday morning and my flight is at 11:00. Hopefully there is time to get things moving by then. One saving grace might be that there is an expected dry slot and lull during part of today, with a second batch of snow coming through tonight - so hopefully that helps the crews keep pace with the accumulations as opposed to having to deal with a whole foot of snow when the storm pulls away.

Of course, if we have any power outages, all bets are off - couldn't in good conscience leave my family in that situation even if flights were unaffected!

Oh, the poetic irony of potentially having to miss a storm chasing convention due to a storm!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

@John

I actually just drove across 70 yesterday and the freeway was pretty clear. I just advise people to watch for rocks on the road and take their time around bends and side roads.

That aside I just came across some money and will be making an appearance at ChaserCon tomorrow.

Unfortunately I had to cancel out because our household budget is exceptionally tight this month (even though I probably would have made up for it at the vendor table). I am bummed about it since this has been kind of a watershed year in chasing, but that's just how it is. I hope it was a fun and memorable event, and am looking forward to hearing news about it.

Tim

Back