DeLorme Street Atlas

Todd Beal

EF1
What is the difference between the DeLorme Street Atlas and the Pro version? One is 50 bucks and the Pro version is 100 bucks. Is there anything that $100 version has that justifies dropping 100 on it? Rather than just getting the regular version.... I looked for the differences but really oculdnt come up with anything.

Thanks in advance!

From the DeLorme website:

Originally posted by DeLorme Website
You get everything in the regular version plus...

- 31 million FREE Searchable Business Phone Listings linked to the maps on one convenient DVD-ROM
- Ability to view your own databases on the maps using the XData import
- Ability to work with multiple Draw and Route files on the same map
- New ability to add and edit XData entries after bulk import
- Access to full residential Phone Data on DVD (in addition to included business listings) for an additional charge
-Network licenses also available

http://www.delorme.com/streetatlasplus/default.asp

There isn't a "Street Atlas Pro" that I can find. However, there is a Street Atlas Plus. The Plus version is basically the same as The standard version with the addition of a Residential and Business Phone Directory and possibly a few more editing goodies.

Would I buy the Plus version for chasing? No.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Snyder)</div>
From the DeLorme website:

<!--QuoteBegin-DeLorme Website
You get everything in the regular version plus...

- 31 million FREE Searchable Business Phone Listings linked to the maps on one convenient DVD-ROM
- Ability to view your own databases on the maps using the XData import
- Ability to work with multiple Draw and Route files on the same map
- New ability to add and edit XData entries after bulk import
- Access to full residential Phone Data on DVD (in addition to included business listings) for an additional charge
-Network licenses also available

http://www.delorme.com/streetatlasplus/default.asp[/b]

I think I will stick with the 50 buck version, I dont see anything there that justifies spending the extra 50

Originally posted by John Diel
There isn't a \"Street Atlas Pro\" that I can find. However, there is a Street Atlas Plus. The Plus version is basically the same as The standard version with the addition of a Residential and Business Phone Directory and possibly a few more editing goodies.

Would I buy the Plus version for chasing? No.

I mean Plus. I knew it began with a P and was the upgrade version of it the regular program. :roll: Oops. Sorry for the confusion!

I prefer SA 2003 to SA 2005 as the secondary and dirt roads are a grayish/blue color on the '05 which is harder to see than the black lines for roads used on 2003. It works fine using the "mobile map colors", but the default setting is harder to make out.

Other than some minor cosmetic differences, I haven't seen any reason to upgrade from 2003 to 2005 software...GF

Hey GPS'ers,

My brothers and I just got a Wx Worx unit. The GPS that it came with is not very good at all. So you guys are saying that SA 2005 has dirt road as well as all those little roads we as chasers need?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

B.p.

Yes. SA has all the little roads, the problem is that it does not tell you if they are paved or not. I have even been on some roads that were a heavier red color on SA and they were not paved. It is a good idea to have "The Roads of" atlases to consult if you need to be sure.

The main reason you are paying the extra $100 is the phone directory. I have the delorme street atlas and it works great for chasing, but I would not pay the extra $100 if that is all you use it for. I also have an in dash GPS and it comes with the phone directory. I own a mobile business and I'm on the road year round and the phone directory is a great resource that pays for itself over a year in 411 charges especially if you have cingular, I think they charge $1.99 for information now. Hope that helps some.

Back