Daylight Savings Time starts March 11th this year!

Yeah, guess we can thank him for that extra hour to view the tornado that was able to develop with the extra instability from the bonus hour of daylight.

If I forget to set my clocks ahead, does that mean I won't get to see the storm as long as everyone else?

Well you can try but you will be amazingly morphed back to your computer at home. LOL

If we get an extra hour to view evening supercells, does that mean we have to wait an extra hour to be able to see a storm that comes through in the morning?

That was the advantage last year of having the March 12th event occur befort DST (since being on a weekend meant we had the same chase time).

But since then, I've moved to Arizona, which means it will be the first chase season I'm observing things blowing up at 2 PM at work. Also means the only great chasing area would be two hours ahead of here, rather than when it used to be the same time when in Kansas.

And the OT portion, March Madness begins at 9-10 AM in the morning now in Arizona. That's going to be a tough two days to work.

So no, I don't like it. I did when it was announced and still in Kansas.

Wait a minute I'm still confused. How does all this affect the weather in Arizona?!?!? Do the storms move faster or slower through the state after the time change?? :confused: :D

Ahhh nevermind. I'll just check with the Farmers Alminac.

Back