Davis Vantage Pro 2 Weather Stations

OK, I am fairly certain that Davis Instruments has one of the best weather stations around. I think I want to purchase the Wireless Vantage Pro 2 with Standard Radiation Shield and add on the Weatherlink USB program and a tripod.

My Questions are:

1. Does anyone have any good or bad feedback about this system or others they offer?
2. Is the Weatherlink program worth purchasing or are there free-bie programs out there that some of y'all have that look and function better.
3. Is is easy to go and print a list of air temperatures (or other parms.) that were recorded every 5 minutes or so for whatever period of time in the past you would like? Say....temps. every 5 minutes for the past 3 days?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have 2 Davis Vantage Pro's and they have worked very well for me. I could go on and on, but all you need to know is that they make good equipment.

I use their Weatherlink program. It comes free with the data logger, which you need to log data (go figure). I have played around with all those other software programs and found them to be quite messy. Too many options, variables I'd never care about. Weatherlink is simple and it does everything I need. I also use it to post my weather data on Weather Underground and my website, setup was very easy.

As for printing variables...I think that is pretty easy. I know its easy to print all the data collected over a time frame. If you wanted to print just one variable you'd have to export it to excel and play around a little. Somebody else might know, or I could just go check.

Also, I have bought both my Davis stations from a company called Provantage Corp on Ebay. They constantly list these stations so one is ending every few hours. I wait until the last minute and have gotten some good deals. If you don't want to use Ebay you can go directly to their site: http://www.provantage.com/

Prices are a little higher on their site compared to ebay. Again, very reputable company, highly recommended. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Back