David Drummond is very fine, here's the thread

whats so important about it?? Personally I think this whole event has been a massive massive screw up and Its caused ALOT of crap

I think the fact that this happened so near a radar site, they were able to pinpoint where we were and they can see video of what was going on at that minute and corelate that with the nearby radar lends to some pretty insightful things. Just look at the analysis Greg has done already.

whats so important about it?? Personally I think this whole event has been a massive massive screw up and Its caused ALOT of crap

Of course with all the respect for you guys, it is important. Your words and video can help a lot who study this type of phenomenos, professional or not (I am in the second case).

:roll:

This brings me to a question. If you think that it is really a "massive massive screw up" that's caused "ALOT of crap", why is it all over your new website? Just curious.

This brings me to a question. If you think that it is really a "massive massive screw up" that's caused "ALOT of crap", why is it all over your new website? Just curious.
I wouldnt call it all over my website as its maybe 4 lines but I'm not going to play the disaster headache this has caused out on this website or any list at this time.

Hey, chill out, it was just a question. No big deal. :)

The reason I asked is because I just find it a little odd that you seem to have such a negative opinion about this whole event and you seem to want to make the whole incedent water under the bridge, yet when someone visits your site, it's the first thing they see. Not trying to attack you/start any mudslinging, but I just find it strange, and I was curious for an explanation of your reasoning.

I guess it if was me in that situation and I didn't want people to make a big deal about it, my logic would tell me not to put it on the front page of my website, nor mention anything related to it in my biography. That's just my humble reasoning.

I thought upon asking that it would be an innocent question, but now I can foresee crap being launched at the fan over it, so I am going to drop it.

Hey, chill out, it was just a question. No big deal. :)

The reason I asked is because I just find it a little odd that you seem to have such a negative opinion about this whole event and you seem to want to make the whole incedent water under the bridge, yet when someone visits your site, it's the first thing they see. Not trying to attack you/start any mudslinging, but I just find it strange, and I was curious for an explanation of your reasoning.

I guess it if was me in that situation and I didn't want people to make a big deal about it, my logic would tell me not to put it on the front page of my website, nor mention anything related to it in my biography. That's just my humble reasoning.

I thought upon asking that it would be an innocent question, but now I can foresee crap being launched at the fan over it, so I am going to drop it.
HaHa no crap being launched anywhere. I'll put my chase account up and that will be the end of it.. When something else happens I'll post that up. Most of the "crap" I speak of is personal and not on the boards... I just want to keep it that way is all.

Well I don't consider it a massive screwup at all. Just as I told Shane and I will state now here publicly, I prefer to get in close to a storm. I can't explain why but I have a driving need to experience it closer than most would, not close enough to die, but closer. This is driven purely by personal choice and NOT the need to get video for BNVN or anyone else. The video was secondary and will help counteract some chase expenses and van repairs this year so I can continue to do what I love to do....chase. Selling my video allows me to do just that, chase when and where and how I want. If someone sees me as bad for that I really do not care unless they want to contribute chase funds for next year! :wink:

The fact that I do get closer than most lends it's self to more opportunities for things to go wrong. In this case a series of worst case scenarios came together on me and well you guys saw the results. It was not a case of not knowing what I was doing, heck I have managed to find the sweet spot on storms for years and years so I guess I have to have a few clues as to what I am doing out there. Some posts I have seen other places have tried to spin it that way. It was not a case of doing it deliberately for video, because even though the video was great, I still would prefer NOT to die.

Things changed rapidly, went from bad to worse, and some lessons were learned. I really do not care whether anyone else approves of where I was or that it happened or that video was released of it. Again, until someone else supplies me with chase vehicles and expenses to chase then they have no say in what or how I do things. Sure they are entitled to an opinion and entitled to express it. Just remember though, so am I. :)

This is still America and we are free to do what we want and when we want to. For all the chasers out there who say they will NEVER sell their videos to the media, I bet that if you caught an exclusive piece of video that noone else had you would sell it as well. It makes me wonder that if it wasn't important to get a video worth selling why do a great deal of us have 2-3 or more expensive digital and video cameras. Not to count all the high tech gadgets we carry with us just to "enjoy" a storm.
I don't blame David for selling his videos because vehicle windows and all the wear and tear on his vehicle gets expensive in a hurry. Why not get paid for something you love to do! IMO

B.T.W This post/thread has deviated a long way from "David Drummond how are you" :roll:

Motion to End This Thread

Taking a hint from the last post, I would like to make a Motion to end this "David Drummond, how are you?" thread. Any Seconds??? 8) LJK.

Take A Vote

The motion to end this thread has been carried.

All of those in favor say Aye!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

All of those opposed say Nay!!
:sleepy5: :sleepy1: :sleepy5: :sleepy1: :sleepy5: :sleepy1:

The motion to end this thread has been passed.
Please notify any moderator to end this thread, PLEASE!!! :blob2: :blob3: :blob4:

Thanks. 8) LJK.

Seems to me this is the TIV of the year.

Here is some video of the van. It's not the greatest quality and is 10 megs but if you have an ambitious connection you might check it out. I was trying to show how much of the inside of the van was coated with "stuff". For those of you that know me I am pretty anal about keeping it spotless on the inside. It is anything but that right now.

http://wx5tvs.com/chasephotos/2004/2004pic...204chasevan.wmv

right click and "save as" is probably the best option to get it. :shock:

Back