Current winter storm situation: SW Texas

Per this rule:

This rule is now officially amended to allow non-thunderstorm and non-tropical cyclone posts in Weather & Chasing. You may discuss winter storms, unusual temperatures, model performance, and so forth as long as you use existing threads if any are present. If it involves chase events, thunderstorms, or tropical cyclones, you must post in the Chase Reports or Chase Forecasts forum or risk warnings/suspension.

Tim

Quite a winter storm scenario is unfolding in SW Texas this evening. Moderate to heavy snow is widespread currently around the I-10 corridor in Texas... with Heavy Snow reducing visibilities to a quarter mile in visibility. In Fort Stockton, roadways are already reported snowcovered with heavy snow continuing to fall.

Heavy snow and winter storm warnings are in effect for this entire area.

Any Texans chasing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a winter storm scenario is unfolding in SE Texas this evening. Moderate to heavy snow is widespread currently around the I-10 corridor in Texas... with Heavy Snow reducing visibilities to a quarter mile in visibility. In Fort Stockton, roadways are already reported snowcovered with heavy snow continuing to fall.

Heavy snow and winter storm warnings are in effect for this entire area.

Any Texans chasing this?

I think you meant to say SW Texas. SE TX is near 50 with rain.

Sweet, a Winter Weather Area.

Yeah, Im sure Jeff meant SW Texas, seeing as that is where all the warnings are. No big deal..

As I said, the area lit up with warnings.. No Jeff, Im not chasing it, but I wish we could get some up here!!

3-5" commonplace in SW Texas especially in the Fort Stockton area which had quite a blast of wintery weather. It seems the strongest area of forcing has moved to the East - but liquid equivalent of 0.57" has fallen and 4-5" in the Fort Stockton area at last report. Predictions of 2-3" more are expected overnight - definately quite a situation down in SW Texas, and certainly is early for this kind of an event in that part of the country.

Back