CHRISTMAS SALE: Seven Years On Cyclone Road DVD

Glad it was all cleared up... Just ordered mine the other day! And I'm not waiting until Christmas to open it up!

I'm not waiting, either! In fact, I'm watching it now! It's really great. I love some of the quotes:

"You up for another core punch?"
"Why do you think I'm out here?"

The opening dialogue is classic, too. It cracks me up every time.

I would've liked to have seen more of the tornado shots taken with the aid of a tripod, but again, the really awesome footage makes up for it. Too bad about the windshield. :)

It's really great.
I love some of the quotes:"You up for another core punch?"
"Why do you think I'm out here?"

Rockwell, thanks for the kind words. That second quote was Eric Nguyen, who was famous for his big-hail hunts even before the Oz-like tornado pics of June 12. Eric has another quote on my DVD that's a favorite of mine--from May 6, 2001--where he says "We tricked the storm into tornadoing by pretending to have a flat tire." LOL. Funny thing was that they really DID have a flat tire while thier storm in southern Oklahoma put down a funnel not far from where they were rushing to install a spare.

I'm lucky to chase with some guys with great senses of humor.

First class Amos, even got the other half watching it.
Insane moment at the end on the dirt road.

I concur. This video is full of very intriguing and tense moments that keep you on the edge waiting for the next moment. There was a lot of emotion in it, which both expressed the frustration of chasing, and the fruits of the chase. Had a lot of fun watching it, and liked the between-the-scenes stuff like with the bugs, chaser road-meets and the like. Very cool video - I enjoyed it a lot.

Great job, Amos! That hail was wicked near Happy, TX when you got your windshield smashed. I've learned a few things from this video too, so it just goes to show you can never learn enough.

SOLD OUT

The DVD was manufactered by a duplication service in Indianapolis (which still proved cost-effective and saved me some headaches), but, because of that, I had a limited number of copies and now I'm down to less than 10.

So, I'm sort of sold out. I've taken the ads off my main page and cut the links to the DVD sale page, posted big SOLD OUT markers on that page. I have one Ebay auction with 48 hours left on it, but after that, I'm done.

Thanks everybody who wrote reviews and bought the vid.

Originally posted by Skip Talbot
Looks like I got one of the last ones! :wink:

I got one of the first ones. I'm happy to hear Amos moved all the copies he invested in, but rather surprised he's discontinuing it. It's definitely a classic, and no doubt the fact that it is out of production will only add to that appeal. I think I'll watch it tonight.

I thought about ordering another big batch and selling them piecemeal on Ebay for the rest of the year (or my life?) but I suspect there's a shelf-life for video (Seven Years ends after 2003). There's so many great compliations available now that the market is really competitive. Plus closing out this project opens the door for the next, after the '05 season.

It was fun, a lot of work, but most importantly brought me into the 21st century in terms of managing video and learning other technologies.

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amos Magliocco)</div>
I thought about ordering another big batch and selling them piecemeal on Ebay for the rest of the year (or my life?) but I suspect there's a shelf-life for video (Seven Years ends after 2003).[/b]

I don't know....good video will always be good. I think the deal with chase videos is, there's a new group that comes into the fray every year, so it's always new to someone. Tim Marshall is a great example. I know a ton of people who have his 1995 video, and that's a decade ago. I think good chase videos are like good movies. They stand the test of time.

<!--QuoteBegin-Amos Magliocco

There's so many great compliations available now that the market is really competitive. Plus closing out this project opens the door for the next, after the '05 season.

It was fun, a lot of work, but most importantly brought me into the 21st century in terms of managing video and learning other technologies.

Competitive like no other year has ever been. I don't think I've ever seen so many people release a video in a single year, ever. I understand what you mean about closing one door and opening a new one. I guess it depends on the chaser. I just finished my second video, barely two months after the first one. But I've had this project in my head for years, so it was easy to do.

As far as the technical side of things, I'm extremely fortunate I know Mickey Ptak. He came to the rescue after my first attempt at a video failed, basically saving my a$$. I was so pleased with his production style and enthusiasm, that I'm doing all my videos with him. He has a cool, laid-back lil studio out in the country, and working with him is an absolute joy. Without Mick, I'd have no videos.

Originally posted by Shane Adams
As far as the technical side of things, I'm extremely fortunate I know Mickey Ptak. He came to the rescue after my first attempt at a video failed, basically saving my a$$. I was so pleased with his production style and enthusiasm, that I'm doing all my videos with him. He has a cool, laid-back lil studio out in the country, and working with him is an absolute joy. Without Mick, I'd have no videos.

I should give similar kudos to Mike Hollingshead. I didn't even know I had a firewire port on my camcorder until he bugged me enough about making a tape. I knew nothing about capturing, editing, or burning. I probably would have never bothered with it.

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco

I should give similar kudos to Mike Hollingshead. I didn't even know I had a firewire port on my camcorder until he bugged me enough about making a tape. I knew nothing about capturing, editing, or burning. I probably would have never bothered with it.

Amos when I first got my DV camcorder and started to use it on my pc for editing it took me 15 minutes to find where to even plug the damn firewire into my camcorder. It's just one of those things that made me feel like a complete jack ass. :oops:

Mick

Just ordered my copy today...I'll give my little review once its arrived...though I dont know that I'll be able to add much more, seems everyones liked it and recommends it highly.

Back