CHRISTMAS SALE: Seven Years On Cyclone Road DVD

59a6095c6f1964bf94eedbedacb79a33.gif
Christmas Sale!
$14.99 plus shipping through Christmas OR
5 DVDs for $50 plus shipping

(shipping costs for 5 pack depends on if shipping to one address [cheaper] or five seperate 'ship to' addresses [happy to do this])

Highlights from 1996-2003

Including: May 20, 1999 Lake McClellan tornadoes
May 6, 2001 Marietta OK tornado
May 27, 2001 Kansas haboob
October 9, 2001 multiple tornadoes (exclusive video Mountain View F3)
May 4, 2002 Vick, Texas tornado
May 5, 2002 Happy, Texas wedge
May 23, 2002, Lipscomb/Pampa tornadoes
May 9, 2003 OKC night chase
May 15, 2003 Stratford Texas tornado twins,
and many more storms.

DVD-R

2 hours

$14.99 plus shipping OR 5 DVDs for $50

Available on my website

This video is a steal at this price. I've watched this video numerous times and appreciate it more each time. Amos takes you through 7 years of chasing with some awesome events highlighted. It's a mixture of tornadoes, storm structure and light "chaser life" video.

Get this video. You won't regret it.

I purchased this video last Spring when it debuted, and let me tell ya, it's fun from beginning to end. Well-rounded with something for everyone, Cyclone Road doesn't disappoint no matter what your fancy. Structure, shattered windshields, tornadoes of all sizes, and crazy wind abound in this delicious, healthy dose of Great Plains chasing action. Highlights include the exclusive Mountain View, OK F3 tornado on Oct 9, 2001,that no other chasers caught. You'll only see this amazing tornadic event on Cyclone Road. This event alone is worth the price of admission, but there's so much more.

At less than $15 and almost 2 hours of action, Seven Years on Cyclone Road is the best deal out there. No stocking should be without one come Dec 25.

Somebody reported to Ebay that video segments on my DVD, Seven Years On Cyclone Road, were pirated, and as a result Ebay has removed the listing and threatened to suspend my account if I relist. My DVDs were selling pretty well, and I expected this weekend to be huge.

I guess I should add, for those who don't know me well, that suggesting I have stolen some other chaser's video is one hundred times worse to me than blowing up my Ebay sales. It's beyond despicable.

I have begun the appeal process with Ebay, and expect they will relist the DVD when that is completed.

My DVD is still available for sale directly through my website, and I will drop the shipping charges entirely, reducing the price even more.

I will no longer review DVDs online or make mine available for trade with other chasers. I apologize to my friends with whom I have agreed to trade for this purpose. I will be happy to return their DVDs and pay postage if they choose to return mine.

Man Amos, don't let this ***EDITED**** pull you down like that. It's EXACTLY what they wanted to do. Don't let them win. If they win on one front they won't stop until they have done it to all of us chasers that do videos.

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco
Somebody reported to Ebay that video segments on my DVD, Seven Years On Cyclone Road, were pirated, and as a result Ebay has removed the listing and threatened to suspend my account if I relist. My DVDs were selling pretty well, and I expected this weekend to be huge.

I guess I should add, for those who don't know me well, that suggesting I have stolen some other chaser's video is one hundred times worse to me than blowing up my Ebay sales. It's beyond despicable.

I have begun the appeal process with Ebay, and expect they will relist the DVD when that is completed.

My DVD is still available for sale directly through my website, and I will drop the shipping charges entirely, reducing the price even more.

I will no longer review DVDs online or make mine available for trade with other chasers. I apologize to my friends with whom I have agreed to trade for this purpose. I will be happy to return their DVDs and pay postage if they choose to return mine.

Amos I haven't seen you DVD but this sucks big time. It also scares me since I've been selling next to you there on Ebay and have to wonder if I'm next. Were they specific as to what part they were claiming to be "pirated" so you can prove otherwise. Hell it brings up the whole issue as to how do you prove you shot it to the satisfaction of Ebay.

How do they even know that the person making the claim has seen your DVD?

Originally posted by Bobby Eddins

Amos I haven't seen you DVD but this sucks big time. It also scares me since I've been selling next to you there on Ebay and have to wonder if I'm next. Were they specific as to what part they were claiming to be \"pirated\" so you can prove otherwise. Hell it brings up the whole issue as to how do you prove you shot it to the satisfaction of Ebay.

I've seen Amos' DVD and can vouch that the footage contained in it is indeed Amos' footage. To say anything else would be ludicrous. Amos, if you need someone to provide a testimonial to Ebay regarding the credibility of both you and your video, let me know.

Jason

Makes you wonder who had the clout to be believable to them without coming to you first before pulling it. Surely they don't just let anyone make a claim and act on it.

I honestly don't know anyone personally here but I know I didn't see anything on the dvd that looked pirated. It was all done natural and all went with what was going on in the background sounds.

What pisses me off most about this is, my friend and fellow chaser Amos Magliocco has already been toying with the idea of seclusion over the dumb shit that happens on an everyday basis in the "chase community" these days. Now this only gives him added incentive to disappear into the background, which means I'll be enjoying his already-rare company even less. That's what really pisses me off.

Looks like I'll never be able to fully chill out on this list, as some dumbshit seems to turn up from under a rock and stir the fires just when we seemed to be having some semblence of maturity and courtesy. This person will eventually be discovered, just like every other person who's majorly-screwed with a chaser over the years.

I'm not going to assume anyone's guilty until I know for a fact. But when I do, it's gonna be made right.

Originally posted by Bobby Eddins

Bobby,

No, that's the most frustrating thing. They don't provide any specifics. They have a method by which you can appeal, and I assume that eventually, in the course of that process, they might be kind enough to tell me which parts of my DVD I stole--it will be fascinating to know what other chaser sounds like me, drives the same vehicle I do, and takes too long to tripod like me. LOL.

I don't expect Ebay to come through for me until about the time we're all heading for Thayer County again. We'll see. I'll definitely keep you updated on it.

But as of now, it looks like one simple allegation made against your product is enough to pull it from the listing. As MikeH said on WX-CHASE, it was obviously not an honest mistake as any unhappy customer could have asked around, and on the other side, Ebay clearly did zero homework before they yanked the listings. I'm anxious for some answers, too.

Best,

Amos

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco
Ebay clearly did zero homework before they yanked the listings. I'm anxious for some answers, too.

That's for sure. Like I said I've not seen your DVD and though I'm not sure we've actually met, we've certainly been in close proximity several times as I've heard you on 146.52 on chases from Texas to Kansas. This to me is proof of your dedication to chasing and that you put many miles on each year as many of us do. With this in mind it wouldn't make sense to "pirate" any video since you have plenty you shot yourself.

Ebay should make anyone making such a claim show proof before taking action. They should have to produce the raw, un-edited video containing the segment in question or go away and when they can't do so charges should be filed on them.

Good luck!!

I’ve been meaning to pick up a copy of your DVD anyway, and now with free shipping to boot! Happy early Christmas to me!

In all seriousness, I hope things work out for you. It’s sad that our society has regressed to “Guilty until proven innocentâ€￾ with the exception of capital crimes of coarse.

I guess with ~ 1,000,000 lawyers in the US, this is what you get.

I have learned that my problem with Ebay was the result of having the term “DVD-Râ€￾ appear in my ad text. Anyone listing their chase productions on Ebay should avoid using this formatting reference. Thanks again to everybody who emailed me when I thought I had been the victim of a vast conspiracy, which seems a lot more fun than getting punked by a search spider.

Amos makes a good point. I'll have to keep that in mind. This makes me think it would also be a good idea to make the product listing as professional as possible.

I had an auction yanked off eBay last month as I was selling off all my MST3K episode copies that I had on video (VHS). I think once that happened I realized that what I was doing indeed wasn't legit (even though the show advertises "keep circulating the tapes"), so I didn't take any offense to it.

Tim

Back